Alternative BTU charts?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brenndatomu

Hey you woodchucks, quit chucking my wood!
Reaction score
Any one know where to find a good BTU chart for bugs/varmits/critters?! A google search lead me here as the best chance of finding one. When it is this cold out, one can't afford to miscalculate these things!
Here's the deal, when I throw in a split that has a hollow full of yellow jackets, should I calculate the BTU output as zero? Doesn't sound right to me, I'm thinking you would treat yellow jackets/bees as White Pine type BTUs, maybe good for the shoulder season. What about spiders, I mean they gotta be about the range of dry punky willow, right? Wooly worms? How 'bout mice, I'm thinking mice may be the Black Locust equivalent on the bug/varmit BTU chart. Comments/suggestions/input? :confused: ;)

How 'bout mice, I'm thinking mice may be the Black Locust equivalent on the bug/varmit BTU chart.

If that sentence doesn't make you chuckle you are having a bad day!!!

How 'bout mice, I'm thinking mice may be the Black Locust equivalent on the bug/varmit BTU chart.

If that sentence doesn't make you chuckle you are having a bad day!!!
Hey, it's cold outside, warm inside, less than 2 weeks 'til Christamas, been a lil slow on AS since the Linkcrap attack, time to have a bit-o-fun! :) :D

bonus of every one coming with a poker stick... :laugh:

Yeeeaaah, I like it! The Bug/Varmit BTU chart needs to have an addendum for roadkill!

Well seasoned (under 20% MC) Racoon would be like droppin in a monstah White Oak overnighter...?

I can't wait to see what you come up with by end of February if cabin fever is getting to you before Christmas!:laugh:

Hey, it's February temps outside now, so what the heck! Let's talk Caterpillar combustibility! Stink bug smoke?

Yeah. The temps. I was just thinking how these are more like February temps, and was wondering what February will bring. Maybe I need to start collecting bugs for octane booster? I've got a ton of them friggin Japanese beetles. Any guesses as to how they'd do?

Well, I dunno, but what I do know is they sure smell high octane when they start rotting in those beetle trap bags! :confused: o_O

Hmmm, I hadn't thought of Japanese Beetles...I'm thinking they may be the Ash of the bug BTU chart.

Always heard lightning bugs won't burn, or they'll burn your house down. I forget which one. Either way, don't try to burn em.
Hmmm, never heard that one. Yeah, I'm gonna agree on the don't burn 'em, anything that makes your butt glow hastah stink when burning!
Google search turned up that bedbugs will apparently cause house fires...:dizzy:http://search.yahoo.com/r/_ylt=A0oG7l_XXaxSETcAnbBXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTExc3BoNG9sBHNlYwNzcgRwb3MDMgRjb2xvA2FjMgR2dGlkA1VJQzFfMQ--/SIG=13a3ug606/EXP=1387056727/**http://www.wtsp.com/rss/article/320847/58/Man-burns-down-house-trying-to-kill-bed-bugs
(note to self, bedbugs = BIG BTUs)

Latest posts

Back