alternative fueling in your area?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CLEARVIEW TREE

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Anyone of yall started biofueling yet? Made my Independence Day really have some meaning this weekend. I made my first 50 gallons of biodiesel. It's beautiful stuff, you can pretty much read text through it! Darn, i've been on cloud nine. Sure, free vegetable oil may not last forever, but i'll keep collecting my usual 90-100 gallons a week while i can.

It will help out the ole wallet real fast and the customers like knowing that i'm runnin green fuels! I've got a friend who's blending filtered burnt motor oil, kerosene and tranny fluid with about 40% diesel and adding a supplement and says his equip has never ran that good! So do some experimenting. Typically most diesels will run on many different things, just make sure no h20 is present! If you only knew what comes out of the stores pumps, i'll bet you wouldn't be running that mess in your high dollar equip anymore! Fuel is just another way to deversify ourselves, so like nike says" Just do it!" Good luck:rockn:

Last edited:
Great work on the bio! Do you have any tips on getting used grease? I'm having a lot of trouble finding restaurants that are willing to part with their oil, and I'm offering to buy it. I've heard a lot about biodiesel burning so clean that it can loosen old engine deposits. Are you still running on bio? Have you had any trouble with engines that have formerly been run on diesel?

Latest posts

Back