Alternatives to mcmaster carr please.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KiwiBro

Mill 'em, nails be damned.
Reaction score
Their site is constantly kicking me out saying something along the lines my browsing patterns are not what they usually expect so I'm sin-binned for either an hr or a day. Very annoying.

Have looked at surpluscenter.com and they have most things I need but it got me thinking what other sites are out there for people who want wheels, shafts, bearings, pulleys, belts, etc.

Can anyone share their favourites please? If I try McMaster Carr and have the same problems, again, I'm liable to need a new computer after hurling this one out the window in frustration, which would put the funding of my other projects back too much.

Thanks.

We use Grainger at work. I really prefer McMaster Carr. Much better selection. Never had the problems you have had

I dislike Fasternal and Grainger as they charge full retail for occasional buyers and give considerable discounts to large customers. Wish they had one price for all but they jack up the retail so the commercial clients think they are getting a big discount. I have bought equipment from Zero tools on occasion where its obviously Grainger product shipped by Zero for far lower cost. Zero used to put out a lot of coupons but I haven't bought anything lately.

I dislike Fasternal and Grainger as they charge full retail for occasional buyers and give considerable discounts to large customers. Wish they had one price for all but they jack up the retail so the commercial clients think they are getting a big discount. I have bought equipment from Zero tools on occasion where its obviously Grainger product shipped by Zero for far lower cost. Zero used to put out a lot of coupons but I haven't bought anything lately.

Fastenal and Grainger both used to be good for me when Boeing had contracts with them and the discount was then passed onto Boeing employees. But once those contracts went away, the price of stuff went to the moon.

I've noticed the same with M-C, plus their shipping - fast and easy, but you pay for it. SC is a good company, I've used them for at 10 years, they've done me good over that time.

Good luck.

Latest posts

Back