Aluminum biners in rigging

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you use aluminum biners in rigging?

• No, never

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Sometimes, when I don't have anything else

Votes: 7 58.3%
  • Yes, I use whatever I happen to grab

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I use nothing else

Votes: 2 16.7%

• Total voters
I dont know i've seen Asplundh & Davey in action i'd have to say the both of them can butcher up alot of trees in a BIG hurry. :D

I say you were talking about a utility crew that had a power company forester messing with them and the person who owned the tree did not want it removed. Their is also the occasional guy that was hired to fill a seat and probable came from Asplundh. It has been my experience that on the adverage that about 55 to 60 percent of the tree companys know what they are doing when it comes to tree care.

GreenGuy, So your saying that its O.K. For Davey's Line clearance Div to butcher up trees? They will Butcher up 150 in one day to the one or 4 you will prune the correct way?

ROW work will never be anything but butchery. It has to be to fulfill it purpose.

Current directional techniques are better then then topping, but they will never ne in the trees best interest.

Most utility triming work I have seen is done well, concidering the constraints the crews have to work under. Though I have see a number of spiked trees.

I just got a post card today from my REA
informing us that the big green trucks will be doing line clearance work on our street within the next 2 weeks guess i better prune back my trees sunday or
i dont even want to think about them getting hold of them. :angry:

What I am saying is that utility contractors work for the power company they on the most part do what they are told to do. One line crew can can't cut 150 trees. Most of our crews do a good job but you always have a few who do not do what they should. I have had the opportunity to talk to alot of utility guys. The power company is full of pricks,they think they own the the companys that work for them. I stopped for lunch one day at a dairy queen only to have some power company ??????? pull up and start chewing my ass out because I was not working. After he was through I explained who I was he just drove of with out word. It is really hard to get good people and keep them when you have alot of bs involved with your job.

Hey DDM you don't seem to like having your tree cut for free.:rolleyes: I have been called out several times to trim tree ahead of line crews. The best thing to do is talk with the guys. All they want to do is get the clearance with as few hassels as possiable. what state are you in?

Green, Im in SC and Ive been called out 4 times in the last 2 weeks to attempt a repair on a line clearence job 1 i know the home owner about begged the company to remove thee tree for them and they refused.

In georgia they would rather cut it down than butcher it up and have to cut it again later. At least in Atlanta

Down here, they recently went through and topped straight across 'scrub oaks', now they look like bushes.

That is except, the dead ones they topped and left! Even though they were 10' tall and less than 6"DBH, they topped and left dead ones in the rows under lines!

Is that what the insurance agencies call 'Double In-Dumb-Nitty"?

Well In SC 2.5 Hrs from Atl I think they try To butcher them if i remember i'll post pictures i wont have to look hard to find them just remember the camera. :D
Customers around here Ask you dont trim trees like Davey do you?:eek:

I am sad to hear that Davey has such a bad rep up their. I am proud of my company and strive to always make a good impression on people. I was elected president of the georgia arborist assoc this year. We are envolved with public education,and tree service education. Our main goal is to raise the professional image of tree care. What area of south carolina are you talking about. If you have some pic could you send them to me so that I can forward them to the proper person. :angry:

I worked for the Orlando Davey R/C office for 2 1/2 years, ran a crew for 2. Reactions were mixed when people approached me while I had the uniform on. Those that knew I wasn't doing line clearance appreciated the standards I represented. Others thought I was a line butcher because they only knew Davey as a line clearance company. The confused ones thought they could just ask me to come trim their trees for free!
I don't think Davey will ever have total acceptance in the public's eyes as tree CARE experts as long as they continue to do line clearance. Too many people don't know the difference and think anyone with a 'Davey', 'Asplundh' or 'Farrens' uniform works for the power company and will come hack their trees for free since they pay their power bill!:rolleyes:

I'll get you some Pictures green. LOL in a few weeks i can probaly walk dow my street and snap a few LOL .

I think you hit the nail on the head. But probable won't happen Davey has a good reputation in other parts of the country. It brings in alot of money thats the big bottom line in business.:(

Latest posts

Back