Always wanted a Jonsered!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChainsawmanXX

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Happy birthday to me! lol Well dad finally got me a decent birthday present.. A Jonsered 2141-2150 16" bar on the 50 and a (14-15"?) bar on the 41.. has anyone had experience with these? how did you like them? Im cutting on some Eastern red cedar now so its just about perfect for them!

Happy Birthday The only JRed I run is my 2171, which is of course a totally different saw. However, I just ran it for about 4 hours this past Friday, usually reach for either the 372XP or the MS361, and it really ran great.

My first and only saw is a 2141 with a 16 inch bar, and it runs amazingly. The only problem I had was when I first bought it I flooded the engine a little because it was so easy to choke I thought there was something wrong. Other than that, it starts every time and cuts great.

You are indeed blessed. I know the feeling as I am just about to get my hands on a 2165. You might call Jonsered the cadillac of Husqvarnas. Also to answer your question, maybe consider the 2245 if you still want a saw on the smaller side but with more capacity than the 2141.

Last edited:
You are indeed blessed. I know the feeling as I am just about to get my hands on a 2165. You might call Jonsered the cadillac of Husqvarnas. Also to answer your question, maybe consider the 2245 if you still want a saw on the smaller side but with more capacity than the 2141.

Is the Real Husky`s then the "vette" of Husqvarna`s :biggrinbounce2:

Happy Birthday!

My Jonsered stuff cuts great!

DSC_0024-1.jpg

i bet that does cut good walker! ouch..lol. hey congrats on the saws, i wish i never sold my last 2150 i really liked that model very light and pretty powerful. ive used 2150s to log professionally and had great luck with them. just loctite the clean muffler bolts. mine never loosend i just did it after hearing horror stories.

I have 2050 and 2149. I like the Turbo Air Clean. The 2149 and later same chassis are much better than the homeowner 2050 family. Was $35 price difference when I bought these. The 2149 is Svelte Swedish Babe, but low maintenance. :) The 2050 is not close. I refer to handling and pro saw features, not power and chain speed. The Pro Series gives twice as much for $ in real. That's my opinion. The 2050 is for sale.

I have 2050 and 2149. I like the Turbo Air Clean. The 2149 and later same chassis are much better than the homeowner 2050 family. Was $35 price difference when I bought these, my first Jonsereds.... The 2149 is Svelte Swedish Babe, but low maintenance. :) The 2050 is not close....... I refer to handling and pro saw features, not about power and chain speed. The Pro Series gives twice as much for $ in real. That's my opinion. The 2050 is for sale.

Latest posts

Back