amature + 3120xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buckmoberly

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
The 3120xp that I bought for milling came today.
%$#%$@#!!!!!
It fell through a 34" ash log. I'm sure I was slowing it down .
The largest saw I had ever used before this was a ms310. I should have had an ambulance standing ready.
Oh well , the opinion of an amature.

And another thing , have these forum's warped my mind?

I'n the last couple of years I've turbocharged a miata ( I rolled it), "bombed" my dodge diesel, souped up my wife's passat, my baja bugs getting a 1914+turbo motor installed right now. I even took the spark arrestor and modded the muffler on my ms310.

Would I have done all these silly things to machines without this internet thing to guide the way?
Oh well.

I'd go for the muffler mod on the 3120, and it'll probably wake up. if you do a search, there are tons of threads on this topic. believe me, modding saws is one of the biggest things this group of guys does. if you want really big gains from that saw, send it to one of the saw builders here to get the most power from it.

Buck
You had asked if these post have warped your mind?
Isn't that just relevant to the type of straight edge you use to check it with?

Would you by chance have a picture of the muf- mod you did to the 310 ?
Slowely it seems getting back into the wood business and run a 310 as my big saw for now, just would like to pick up your ideas.
Thanks in advance!

hi ShoerFast,
With my ms310 I just took the muffler off, drilled those two small oval slits to 3/8? bigger? I don't remember but I was trying to match the exhaust port size minus a little. It's louder, but cuts much faster.

Mod that muffler. How long of a bar are you running - if you are using a shorter bar, get your self an 8 tooth sprocked and pick up some chain speed...

Latest posts

Back