Amazing how other countries split/process

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dave_dj1

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I had searched in Youtube for firewood processors and after watching a few videos I came across this one , I find it quite fascinating and though some of you may as well.
In fact I was thinking this might be a good design for a friend who wants one to split rail fencing.
Ma

Is rather interesting. They had some perfect wood. Not sure it would open up enough to do real long fence though. Short stubby snake fence rails maybe.

Along the lines of splitting that long stuff, I recall from a trip to Southern Germany about 6 years ago seeing a lot of what I would consider long firewood-aka 3'-5'(guess) long pieces stacked. This was in the northern alps. We were out for a joy ride, and I saw these very large piles of wood next to their homes. Looked mostly like small spruce logs (3-6" diameter). Not sure what they used them in???

from what I've seen on the net, some of the folks across the pond often cut and split long lengths. As near as I can tell they dry it long then cut to length with a buzz saw to burn.

Latest posts

Back