Anchor Bridge announces Rope Bridge Recall !!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rich_h

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Anchor Bridge Ropeworks is calling for the immediate cessation of use of the Anchor Bridge Replacement Rope Bridge (part # ABR 7110)(Please see attached notice)

I have become aware of a single product that has failed during normal use. This incident did not result in any injuries. I am asking that all users of this product render the product inoperable by carefully cutting one or both of the eyes.

The official all for cessation of use is attached to this post with more information.

We are in the process of testing this failed unit to determine the cause of the failure and more information will be made available as it becomes available.

I appreciate any assistance that anyone can provide to help ensure the full compliance of this notice.

Sincerely,

Richard Hattier
Anchor Bridge Ropeworks, Inc.

(moderators, if you could make this post "sticky" it would be greatly appreciated.) Thank you.

Hi Rich -

Thanks for the speedy response on this, we are trying to facilitate this on saddles we have sold. You may want to put the affected models of saddle in the title to catch the eye of users. I know we've sold a lot of Cougars which feature this bridge.

Regards,

Here's what I found on a sponsor's (Wesspur) website regarding the Weaver Cougar:

This saddle is temporarily unavailable due to manufacturer recall.

Models of the Cougar saddle sold after November 2009 may contain a faulty rope bridge. The new style of rope bridge which Weaver introduced at the start of the year is a solid black rope bridge and is being recalled.

If your Cougar has a solid black rope bridge, discontinue use immediately!

The older, yellow and black rope bridges are not affected by the recall.

We will have an official announcement from Weaver posted ASAP.

We apologize for the inconvenience and will work with anyone who has purchased a faulty saddle to have it taken care off with Weaver.
While we wait for the official recall, please discontinue use of any Cougar saddle with a solid black rope bridge.

Please be advised that we have had another incident of a failed rope bridge, again very luckily resulting in no injuries.

If you are using a Weaver Cougar Harness purchased after Jan 1, 2001

PLEASE SEE THE ATTACHED RECALL NOTICE.

Back