"And now, you have officially carried it too far, Buddy"

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is that a 3120 that they keep showing?

It looks like it. Binford 8200, 82cc saw with a 42" bar....... I'll take the 3120 - or maybe pay the 82cc price and get the 3120 in it's place? Ya, I like that deal better :D

I've modded blowers, trimmer, hedge shears, tillers, mowers and drills. I'd say I noticed an improvement in all of them. Some it was just minor improvement and others it was night and day difference. Once you get started the whole tool shed is in danger.

Mr. HE:cool:

I MM'ed my Mantis two-stroke tiller last spring. Seems to have made some difference. :rock:

Could you start a thread with pics?.......I would love to video my wife being pulled through her flower beds and garden by her hopped up Mantis:msp_sneaky:

is it bad when i've spent hours and hours looking for an adjustable crab for a fixed jet echo?

Some of the fixed jet Echos are actually adjustable, but the adjustment is inside the carb under a stamped in metal cover.

If it is one of the true fixed jets there is the option of drilling out the jet or most of them were later replaced with the internal adjustable carbs so a bolt on replacement is easy to find.

Mr. HE:cool:

Ckelp, If that echo has a rotary barrel carb, take a look in the middle of the top plate
(can't recall the proper name).
The pink arrow points to a hidden adjustment, It's the top of the metering needle in there.
(yellow arrow points to throttle cable hook in for a location reference.)

Not sure how prevalent it is, so there might not be one on your particular carb.

I haven't yet run one and found out how well or touchy it works.

This pic is of a sacrificed/exploratory carb for whenever/if I get around to trying to rebuild
one of these lean holed piston, Redmax ebz8500 blowers.
got a several of them if someone needs a part. (are these blue coils limited?)

Awesome Fabrication!

I finally got the "finished" muffler mod pic on to the computer, and now to arboristsite. The sad thing is, this is probably my best ever fabrication work! Still running too rich with the mod, thought it'd go the other way. Working slowly on the tune. To get it to stop 4 stroking like crazy, it revs way over factory recommended.

View attachment 291539

Last edited:
Back