Another Bar Oil Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D&B Mack

Sawin Wit It!
Reaction score
Nice that TSC switched to Jonsered, which means they are dumping anything labeled Husqvarna. Bought all they had... :msp_wink:

IMG_20130606_064753_065_zps21b47c4e.jpg

Wish I could get this deal all the time.

What a great deal!

On a somewhat related note: I bought about 5 gallons of bar oil for $1/ga at a garage sale. The jugs look pretty old. One of them was pioneer or partner or something like that.

Will antique bar oil gum up the works or should I be ok using the old stuff?

Deals like that are hard to find, you did well, too bad I already have enought oil to last me the next couple of years. I paid a lot more than that for the Poulan stuff that I typically buy from Wal-Mart. The one that gets me is TSC's house brand, they want $10/gal. regular price near me!

Deals like that are hard to find, you did well, too bad I already have enought oil to last me the next couple of years. I paid a lot more than that for the Poulan stuff that I typically buy from Wal-Mart. The one that gets me is TSC's house brand, they want $10/gal. regular price near me!

I never seem to have enough. I figure I subconsciously waste it when I know I have a heavy supply. Either that, or my saw knows. But I'll bet on the former. Yeah, they raised the price up to $10 here too. It was 8.99. I will be interested to see what the sale price is when it comes up.

What a great deal!

On a somewhat related note: I bought about 5 gallons of bar oil for $1/ga at a garage sale. The jugs look pretty old. One of them was pioneer or partner or something like that.

Will antique bar oil gum up the works or should I be ok using the old stuff?

Were they opened? Just as long as they were sealed shut, I would use them. If they were left open, they could start to dry out. You will notice when you begin to pour though.

I never seem to have enough. I figure I subconsciously waste it when I know I have a heavy supply. Either that, or my saw knows. But I'll bet on the former. Yeah, they raised the price up to $10 here too. It was 8.99. I will be interested to see what the sale price is when it comes up.

I just paid $9 for Husky brand oil at my local small-but-good dealer. Two days later I bought a bunch at a garage sale..Go figure.

Poulan at Wally-World has clung on to $7.97/gal. for quite some time if you're having hard time finding it cheap, and that's regular price. Poulan has worked very well for me, can't say the same about SuperTech. I've heard that TSC runs sales on their b&c oil in Jan. or Feb. time frame.

What a hot price. I have looked in one TSC and didnt find any, I am guessing it was long gone. I didnt see any Husky branded products.

Nice that TSC switched to Jonsered, which means they are dumping anything labeled Husqvarna. Bought all they had... :msp_wink:

IMG_20130606_064753_065_zps21b47c4e.jpg

Wish I could get this deal all the time.

Awesome deal D&B...Husky bar oil from my local shop is $13.99 a gallon (No i dont pay that:laugh:). I hope you cleared the shelves of it for them lol.

Awesome deal D&B...Husky bar oil from my local shop is $13.99 a gallon (No i dont pay that:laugh:). I hope you cleared the shelves of it for them lol.

There was two gallons sitting on a random box in the store. I took them back to the counter where you can rain check and order stuff. Said, "you don't happen to have any more of this drifting around do you?" Guy says he'll check the back...two more cases at 4 gallons per case. :rock: Going to check another TSC this weekend since I will be close by there anyway.

Latest posts

Back