Another classic

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike mandry

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
This guys auction kills me.

They all have the same description. "they said it cost around $6,000 dollars new" Blah, blah,blah.

Yeah, they all cost 3 times as much as they really did new...

Im surprised he did not elaborate on "Industrial, heavy duty, pro grade, classic, collectable, vintage....

How about a $20 garage sale homeowner, POS, that I am trying to get $200 for, that really only cost $129 new at Wal mart 18 years ago...

http://cgi.ebay.com/HOMELITE-180-CL...728592444QQcategoryZ79665QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I like the " it has good compression, but I'm just so freakin busy I don't have time to dump a little gas in it and pull the rope"
Expect a DOA saw.
-Ralph

Yeah, I read one the other night... "I dont know if it has compression, the starter cord wont go in"...

or something like that.

The same seller sold a 1050 over 1 month ago. He also had a C72 that he represented as a 1050. He had to list it a couple times but I believe he ended up getting his $75 out of it.

Bill

I would give him $5.00 for it if I was in a good mood. Some people on ebay I almost feel sorry for them then Im like no they are idiots. I wish him the best of luck trying to get that much out of that little saw.

Considering the amount of money one might have to invest if they REALLY want it to run, I'd give $.25 for it on a good day, but not much more.

If the C-72 was a 100cc saw like the 1050 it wouldn't be so bad. I have seen C-51 cylinders advertized as 1050 replacements which also sounds fishy as the site has it listed in the 70cc range I believe.

Someone has to be mistaken on that one right?

i am gald to see a sale like that. some place i have a box of about 15 if those POS and i thought i was going to have to pay to get rid of them. :laugh: marty

Ebay Chainsaw Condition Translator:

"Good Compression" = it's all froze up
"Untested" = I tried for days getting this dam thing to run without success
"Adjust the carb for your area" = This thing runs like sh*t, maybe you can figure out how to fix it.
"As Is" = something ain't right
"broken in" = on it's last legs

Back