Another Liberal Hypocrit

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bullpine

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Anti-logging activist admits violating tree harvesting rules

The Associated Press

Published: August 17, 2003, 12:00:19 AM PDT

SANTA ROSA, Calif. (AP) - A environmental activist who has led high-profile opposition to commercial logging has admitted violating state timber harvest rules by cutting down trees to make way for a new home, a newspaper reported.
In settling a dispute with the state Department of Forestry, Vince Taylor agreed that he violated the regulations last year when he felled trees on property he owns near the town of Mendocino on the northern California coast, according to a report in the Santa Rosa Press Democrat.

The harvesting created potential harm to the habitat of the red tree vole and the coast lily, which are considered species of "special concern," according to the state.

Taylor told the newspaper Friday that he "inadvertantly" violated the rules. He said that based on conversations with county officials, he thought he did not have to obtain state permits to remove the trees.

"Because of what's involved, I know a lot of people want to make more out of this, said Taylor. "But really, it was an inadvertant violation of the law. ... There was no real harm done."

As part of the settlement, the state agreed to drop plans to fine Taylor $3,000, and he agreed to pay his own legal costs.

The agency also agreed not to discuss the deal publicly unless specifically asked. The newspaper obtained a copy of the settlement.

Taylor has led efforts to stop commercial logging in the Jackson State Forest, which is also on the north coast.

Sonds like he learned how to lie from all of the others in his arena. Playing dumb and turning up your palms work for all political stripes.

Actually, wouldn't it be an environmental hypocrite? For all we know, his politics may be conservative, green or maybe non-political.

Is this a political thread or a logging thread? Be careful, it might get moved to the OT forum :)

Just having some fun...

Tom

Forestry and Logging Forum
Discuss the foresty and logging industry.

I think the article qualifies as being related to logging the logging industry. But mone it wher ever you like.

---------------------------------
Preserving American jobs, is Patriotic too.

Bullpine,

I was joking all of the way through the thread. :) To me, a hypocrite is a hypocrite no matter what their political stripe is. Consistancy is what counts. The rules can't change without an accountability.

The editing and moving isn't up to me at this house. You put it where it belongs. Like alot of the discussions, this will bleed over from loggint into politics. Such is life...

Tom

Environmental hypocrite probably describes him best. That story makes me think about all the gun grabbers that either have armed bodygaurds or get caught with an un registered gun, the try to explain why the need a gun for their protectin as if they are more important that the rest of us. Oh, and by the way, Logging. :D

Latest posts

Back