another new guy!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally posted by Newfie
I wasn't aware we needed to start getting printed to have an opinion.

You don't have to, I think it was merely a suggestion to be part of the solution instead of part of the problem. BTW - apathy is part of the the problem.

Originally posted by RockyJSquirrel
My first time meeting someone who actually climbed on an advanced hitch was a year ago November when I met JPS and Mike Oxman in N.C.
Gee, I feel like a matchmaker or something! :angel: And it was December; I don't think you came before the ice did.

I still haven't met anyone locally who uses an advanced hitch.
When I'm back in Orlando this April I'll show you my advanced hitch--the upper two loops of the TL go to the left instead of the right! Remarkable!! Now the sky's the limit.:D

Just joshin', BF. If "advanced" means making work easier I'm all for it.

TreeTX--"BTW - apathy is part of the the problem."

Apathy is a huge part of the problem, right along with chronic criticism. And is obsession with the means (climbing rigs and other gear) at the expense of attention to the end (tree care and the methods of achieving healthy trees) part of the big-picture solution?

Originally posted by Guy Meilleur

TreeTX--"BTW - apathy is part of the the problem."

Apathy is a huge part of the problem, right along with chronic criticism.

I suffer from both of these. To quote yet another quality flick, Office Space, "It is not that I am lazy, it's just that I don't care"

I am trying. It truly is a 12 step program.

I think another issue that causes banter here is that you (Guy) think you are entitiled to criticism since you don't posess apathy........

Last edited:
Originally posted by TREETX
I think another issue that causes banter here is that you (Guy) think you are entitiled to criticism since you don't posess apathy........
I think you're right about that--thanks for a genuine light-bulb moment there, you got the mirror real close.
I was in a dishing-out mode when I wrote that; which may be ok if the writer can take it too. no offense to anyone.

New to it.

Welcome! One thing to bear in mind as you read into this site is that TREES are both our love and our profession. Most of us here have made a committment to learning way beyond simply what it takes to get up and down a tree safely. It's something we're happy to invest our lives in. There are whole worlds of science, technique, and ethics for you to explore and make your own. It might sound like too much for one brain, but,hey! what else are you going to do with your llife? Good luck!

anyone able to give me an idea on how to get TCI to Canada? I dont have the funds to be able to join the TCI (not sure if us canucks are allowed yet either...) but I am wanting to read the stuff if I can .

Back