Another oil thread, YEAH!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jhellwig

ArboristSite Guru
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Well scince all of you are now wetting your drawrs about your 2t expiring, here is another oil option to make your head explode.

http://www.valvoline.com/pages/products/product_detail.asp?product=75

The price tag on the shelf was 3.99 or something for 16oz. but looking at my receipt it only rang up for 1 cent. At 3.99 it is a little cheaper than 2t at 8.99 a quart. I found this at autozone.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
I'll pass on anything that says Valvoline on it, I won't use it in my truck / car / lawnmower, I'm sure not puting it in my saws either

What?? you think there more to it than the "ratings"??? I'm shocked:greenchainsaw:

Andy: repeat after yourself- "i will NOT get suckered into another friggin' oil thread

What?? you think there more to it than the "ratings"??? I'm shocked:greenchainsaw:

Andy: repeat after yourself- "i will NOT get suckered into another friggin' oil thread

The way anyone talks on here is that all it need is the magic Jaso FC rating. Yet no where on the website does it state anything about premixing or anything of that nature. It doesn't state that it is synthetic. Just low smoke.

Doesn't stihl oil have something to do with ashland?

You are suckered.

Let's hear it for Klotz! It makes your saws smell fast! (just a little friendly jab in the ribs for Cut4Fun)

Ian

Gas is still laughing about the bar oil thread. My vote goes to Klots R 50 or Motorex speed 2

bloo go...

FC rating... hmmmmm. Lots of oils out there with FC. I do buy for the lables, and the ratings. Been tested that way. O/w what is in the bottle? Blue pee?

I am looking for a good JASO FD rated oil now. I want no smoke, great lube, and high detergency in my blue goo!

FE rating... high drool factor. Giveittome! Iwantitnow!

FC rating... hmmmmm. Lots of oils out there with FC. I do buy for the lables, and the ratings. Been tested that way. O/w what is in the bottle? Blue pee?

I am looking for a good JASO FD rated oil now. I want no smoke, great lube, and high detergency in my blue goo!

FE rating... high drool factor. Giveittome! Iwantitnow!
Okay Slam me Now I am using ESSO Semi syn for the last few years in my saws. And lately have been trying some Klots, did I spell that correctly? in my fancy saw's. But think I will go back to my ESSO oil. By the Way this might be a Canadian thing the ESSO oil that is.
Never had a oil problem so why should I change.

Last edited:
Back