Another on Alum pads

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spotted Owl

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
So as not to hyjack the other and finding nothing on search, here goes.

Do the Aluminum pads work on Bashlin twisted steel offsets? They ride flatter on the calf and thus create a strange angle that regular nontwisted climbers don't have. When I tried some others for non twisted only the bottom edge would contact my shins, only that little bit would be painfull to say the least.
If you look at the leather "C" pads you will see the angle difference between the twisted and non.

I to would like to get away from the "L" type pads. I tried the leather "C" pads but after only afew climbs the support in the pad starts to straighten out. Two set have bent bad enough to crack and be junked.

Thanks for any help

Owl

So as not to hyjack the other and finding nothing on search, here goes.

Do the Aluminum pads work on Bashlin twisted steel offsets? They ride flatter on the calf and thus create a strange angle that regular nontwisted climbers don't have. When I tried some others for non twisted only the bottom edge would contact my shins, only that little bit would be painfull to say the least.
If you look at the leather "C" pads you will see the angle difference between the twisted and non.

I to would like to get away from the "L" type pads. I tried the leather "C" pads but after only afew climbs the support in the pad starts to straighten out. Two set have bent bad enough to crack and be junked.

Thanks for any help ,Owl

Hey Owl, I don't know about the caddies fitting the offset bashlins, but this is what i'm using on a non twisted set of bashlins.
I think they would work well for you also because of the extra length and the super thick padding .They are very well made and the extra top strap really minimizes shank twisting.

http://gear.sherrilltree.com/iwwidb.pvx?;multi_item_submit

The links not working : Item # 15091 (super climber pad)

Last edited:
Velcro wraps work pretty well. We saw some new item & don't know particulars. They bolted on to the instep part of the shank & made a platform for each of your feet. Looks like you could stand forever on those things.

Velcro wraps work pretty well. We saw some new item & don't know particulars. They bolted on to the instep part of the shank & made a platform for each of your feet. Looks like you could stand forever on those things.

I've seen the velcro before. For some reason I just can't get into velcro securing the climbers. Perhaps I'm old in that way I like the positive feel and lock of the straps.

I have also tried those foot plates. If you don't want to walk the wood there great. You can stand for a long time and feel nothing. They do take some gettin used to, but they are another something I don't think I could get into.

reachtreeservi. The link didn't pull into anything. If they are leather that would be better than alum. I like some flex but the L pads just don't seem to do it anymore. If possible bigger, thicker and wider.

Owl

Back