another one bite's the dust !!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
alanarbor said:
Our culture just doesn't suppourt a work ethic any more.

Tell me about it... The "suits" make you feel almost ashamed to say you work with your hands all day long. Almost... Till you notice how "Nansy-Pansy" they all seem... :p

It's funny, I do most of my work in yuppyville and it never ceases to amaze me how so many college educated people who feel the need to "work smarter, not harder" are so very dumb!!! Common sense certainly doesn't prevail. I chose not to go to college just so that I wouldn't be in that position.
Also, who's the smarter one- 4 years or more in school to graduate and suddenly realize you can't find a job in your field or find yourself working at McDonald's. OR 4 years of self-employment in the tree service industry, no student loans to repay, no boss to answer to(with exception of the customer), and making more $$$$. I'll let you decide.
AND...I don't have to worry about being downsized. Eight years in the industry self-employed and still going hard at it.

education

having done the uni thing, i went looking for jobs in my field, for seasonal posts there was about 200 applicants per post out of 30 forms i filled in, i got one interview. rethink, did some short courses and im as happy as larry

just in sh!t loads of debt

jamie

Why is it that when you go to a solicitor to get some lip service it costs you $150 per hour and when you pull up at his place with a truck, chipper, stump grinder and 3 guys he thinks your scamming him for $150 an hour?

Ekka said:
Why is it that when you go to a solicitor to get some lip service it costs you $150 per hour and when you pull up at his place with a truck, chipper, stump grinder and 3 guys he thinks your scamming him for $150 an hour?

Yeh.. aint that the truth!

Ekka said:

yeah i bet he hasn`t got a penny to scratch his arse with all on the never never +student loans i once had a customer who wanted to pay for an £80 job by gold card ( he would`nt have wanted it back if i had swiped it)
they are all wind n piss these office bods

I'm sorry that you guys have such low quality clients. I 've had them too but they are so much the exception that it is a shock. Most of my customers value my services. I worked for a lawyer a week ago who walked a block to pay me and say thank you so I wouldn't have to walk back for my check. :cool:

There is nothing better than getting through the first half of the job and looking down, seeing the owner standing there with the checkbook. Makes the last half a breeze.

Stumper said:
I'm sorry that you guys have such low quality clients. I 've had them too but they are so much the exception that it is a shock. Most of my customers value my services. I worked for a lawyer a week ago who walked a block to pay me and say thank you so I wouldn't have to walk back for my check. :cool:

thanx for the concern, but it was all long time ago now! bloody funny at the time though, and in another quite sad really a life time of debt so they can look posh!

Back