Another PNW Thing

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The strange orb is out, the weather forecast is for nice. But be forewarned, the usual, heavy November rains are to start on Friday night, with a bit of wind included. Will the F word be used? We shall start watching the hydrowhatevergraphs.

As I told my friend, "It is too darn nice to work inside." Heigh ho, The Used Dog and I are off to a sunny place to cut some firewood--hardwood at that! :msp_smile: We call it Alder.:)

We're goin' to the gym with the Barbie Saw.

The PNW Barbie doll gets Ken's chainsaws in the divorce.:D

Mr. HE:cool:

It's 10.00 am here and still fogged in like pea soup; I guess that's what you get living so close to the salt water

Strange orb is here for a few days, too. It's the last good chance to let my pasty white body catch some vitamin D rays. Bugs are gone here, so I can go back to cutting in my chaps...and nothing else.

:msp_scared:

Just went and filled the wood rack in the garage when going back and fourth from the wood shed I could hear wings from the snow geese flying over head I have about 50 ft I can see now; those geese have to look out for the trees here because there about 70 to 80 ft tall

Well it was cold and really foggy this morning cold and bright this afternoon. Heard yesterday they allready closed the short cut over the hill to your house Patty. Guess well have to take the long way around. We still have those saw blades to take to the artisty lady she told us if we brought E shed paint one for us.

Here's pictures.

This is the clearcut that I helped reforest last March? in the mud. The trees are doing quite well.
262407d1353031191-what-we-planted-last-march0001-jpg

Here is the landing pile. Brian and Janie, there's a cottonwood that I whacked the end off of. I'm thinking of trying to make one of your "boring" Scandihoovian candles out of it. I'll need to get some help to load it.
262405d1353031181-landing-pile0001-jpg

The Barbie Saw's first job was to cut back the blackberries. The wood is fairly dirty, but I have the proper chain to use on it.

I just threw the chunks in the pickup. The Used Dog lost patience and refused to participate in the photo session.
262406d1353031186-landing-pile0001_1-jpg

Tomorrow, I may return and cut on some Doug fir that I dumped on the ground last fall. The fence is no longer in the way, and I can drive pretty close to them.

Here is a picture I took last week during the height of elk season. There is one bull in the group. The Used Dog flushed them out, I think. There was one WOOF, then silence, then some crashing about. He came down the road running and they went a different way--over a fence. I think all were scared--I include The Used Dog in the all. I suspect he was laying low after his WOOF and hoping to escape the herd.
262408d1353031196-meanwhile-during-elk-season0001-jpg

View attachment 262405View attachment 262406View attachment 262407View attachment 262408

Last edited:
Back