...another "what wood is it" thread...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ok guys, it's a tough one. I cut a tree for a friend and can't figure out what the heck it is. In the pile is some Cherry, don't let that mislead you. this stuff was real heavy, real wet and real stinky. Like horse stuff stinky. and real stringy too. Leaves look to me like a Mulberry but the branches were too straight. colored like a hickory or black walnut but no nuts or fruit. Looks like a good burner but will wait till the stink dries out of it.
thanks for looking.

View attachment 114962
attachment.php

View attachment 114964
attachment.php

View attachment 114963
attachment.php

Elm?

I haven't run into too much of that around here yet. won't forget the smell of this stuff. thank goodness there is a fresh load of cherry next to it to help off set the stank,

it was kind of fuzzy but it split fairly clean through the TW-6 at the neighbors. didn't give it a chance on the Super Split.

Rope,
Lot's of us out here. ya just got to stay closer to the Delaware then Hudson River and you'll find most of the "gardeners".

You got an open invite anytime...

A

If I ever come back that way I will pm you I got nothing but unfriendlies last time and gave me a bad feeling for NJ but I can see with your posts there are men of character there:clap:

Elm is a tough one , used as axles and sewage pipes I beleive some were dug up in london that were 300 years old and sound as long as the remain wet.

Lol now lone wolf there is country then there's contry I live in the contry lol

Rope,
There are parts of the Pines that haven't been discovered yet...seriously.
Its a very different part of the world. I'm sure Lone Wolf knows it better then me but it IS country.

PS look me up next time your back east. It's Stihl Country but I got a few Husky's I keep around for Chits and giggles...

A

Rope,
There are parts of the Pines that haven't been discovered yet...seriously.
Its a very different part of the world. I'm sure Lone Wolf knows it better then me but it IS country.

PS look me up next time your back east. It's Stihl Country but I got a few Husky's I keep around for Chits and giggles...

A
Will do but only been there once in 46 years so it may take a storm where my skills might be utilized or me hitting the lotto:cheers:

Latest posts

Back