Another Wood ID Question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Black locust. I don't know what the furniture is tho, or the plant?

You are aware that you put your whole Photobucket picture album on I hope? Boy you sure have some purty plants. A why in the He11 do you have a picture of a IMPROVISED EXPLOSIVE DEVICE in your picture album? Between the weed and the bomb you make one heck of an impression. Oh I don't have a clue what you have for wood there.

You are aware that you put your whole Photobucket picture album on I hope? Boy you sure have some purty plants. A why in the He11 do you have a picture of a IMPROVISED EXPLOSIVE DEVICE in your picture album? Between the weed and the bomb you make one heck of an impression. Oh I don't have a clue what you have for wood there.

That ain't my photobucket album. I "stole" the URL from WoodNet.

Those who live by the digital sword die by the digital sword. :msp_biggrin:

Black locust? Seems like the the wrong color to me. Out here it's bunt orange.

Last edited:
It is believe me.
I trust Lone Wolf. Black locust in Nebraska is dense, burnt orange in color, tough as nails, splits rather easily, makes fabulous firewood, and all you have to do is handle the thorns that can reach 2" in length and puncture your truck's tires.

Some of the thorns grow all the way down the trunk to the bole, depending on what mood the tree was in when you dropped it. However, we also have about 10 species of lucust and some have no thorns at all and bark that is paper thin.

If you don't want it I'll come take it off your hands. The locust up here is no good anyway, alot like popple.

Latest posts

Back