ANSI Zo1nK Comm Systems Mandatory in All Tree Crane Use

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

treevet

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Psych. Made it up. But in a perfect world this would be law. I will never do another crane job without them they are so valuable. "How much am I good for here....ok 80% of that...we're fine (I put the dia tape back in my pocket)" "Give me 3 inches turn right...give me 4 inches cable up...scope out just a tad...enough..(cut made)...boom up...up...up...ok it is yours...get it out of here".

Whatever committee is developing/has developed ANSI Z133 5.7..."Cranes..." is hereby notified that they must (not should) include the new high tec noise cancelling head sets as a "shall" not "should" in any tree operation crane/arborist involvements. Not just for blind picks, not substituted with, at times, hand signals or vocal (yelling) communications. If they do not mandate use of head sets, despite all the other jibberish they have put forth....they just plain are not doing their collective job. If you can't afford around $750. for these you should just keep your sorry pathetic ascs away from dem cranes...period.

gotta start somewhere sht for brains. the comm system facilitates this start where before a technical crane removal would never happen at that stage. that job, crane op, is now easy as cake with these and day by day gets to be just pulling levers as you are told to and mistakes and mishaps are unheard of. Kind of phases a braggard like chief16 out of a job now doesn't it. Might actually have to go climb a tree when EVERYONE can do his simple job now doesn't it lol. Probably same with you BC WETPANTS.

Doesn't matter to me who slams you into a tree, I'll always be able to do exactly what I wanna do for exactly the pay I wanna make.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

Ok vet. 40 years in the business and you learned last week that being able to communicate is a good thing. Proud of you!

Ask ducati how difficult it would be for me to find work.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

The tide is turning my friend. The tide is a $720 set of pre installed comm helmets. But, yeah, you could go set trusses all day I'm sure.

Might get away with it in your backwater, but the regulatory fiends have a stranglehold here. Soon going to need a a cert to run a 5 ton truck mounted Hiab. And you know the regulatory police only expand and empire build, never contract. You're gonna need a radio operator's licence for them comm sets.

Whatever I need I will get. I always have but Tom, never meant a good op would be replaced but rather developed (much more easily...in the tree biz). The perfect part is the delivery of the headache ball, the hook up and cinching, and the bye bye. After that and before all those...the exp. op wins hands down with speed and safe movement. But now the piece has a second set of eyes directing it and don't underestimate those things Tom. Not likely many if any has more time on crane removals than I do as I started before most, 1971, and am still going almost daily on them.

Wonder what your insurance company or WC would say if there was an accident and they ask to see the crane op experience - "Oh 'bout week and half". I'm sure than conversation would go well.

We don't have the "accident" because of the headsets Einstein. Hence...no insurance convo. :dizzy:

Who gives a **** what you want.

This is what you should consider

On July 1, 2007 WorkSafeBC will begin to enforce a Regulation requiring all operators of boom, tower, and mobile cranes in B.C. to hold a certificate proving competency. The Regulation, proclaimed January 1, 2007, gives current and new operators six months to move through the assessment process.

Speaking at the announcement in Prince George, the Honourable Olga Ilich, Minister of Labour and Citizens' Services said, “Employers and labour fully support this regulation, because it means that everyone who works around cranes will know that the operator is fully qualified, making for a safer workplace.”

The Regulation, developed after broad consultation with employers, labour, and municipal authorities, applies to all crane operators and defines the competencies required to move through three levels. Each level would give clarity to the types of equipment people are qualified to operate at any given point in time. Operators, as they are able to prove competencies, will be able to move through the levels.

and just wtf does this have anything to do with the obvious increased competency offered by the noise cancelling inexpensive headsets mounted in helmets that is the topic of this thread dimwit. You Canadians have always been a little slow on comprehension I have observed. I used to live up there. Uh Ohhhh Canada....the National Anthem isn't it? Consider this...1184797_505447896216320_160155927_n.jpg

Latest posts

Back