Answer this ?????

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tough pick

• Dolmar 5100s

Votes: 36 34.0%
  • Husky 346xp

Votes: 30 28.3%
  • Stihl 260 pro

Votes: 37 34.9%
  • homelite

Votes: 3 2.8%

• Total voters
Lots of considerations.

Handling??? What? Is this a car race??? lmao... How does a saw handle poorly? Vibration dampening etc.. I believe FEEL would be a better term... hehehehehehe

:cheers: eh?

Call it what you like - - - It's all how the saw reacts with you while your using it. It has to do with weight, balance, physical design, smooth surfaces, and handle shape and angle as well as vibration tendancies- - - in short the ergonomics of the saw. Does it make you more manly or more productive?? Not necessarily, but the best thing is, a great HANDLING saw is more of a pleasure to work with! Plus for a guy your age it's probably less of a consideration as your more physically able to put up with a poorer handling saw, or don't care as much.

Al :cheers:

Last edited:
I voted Dolmar because you already have one and must have a good source. They are all good saws. I have a Dolmar & Husky I am getting a Stihl next....

Last edited:
Ight

Call it what you like - - - It's all how the saw reacts with you while your using it. It has to do with weight, balance, physical design, smooth surfaces, and handle shape and angle as well as vibration tendancies- - - in short the ergonomics of the saw. Does it make you more manly or more productive?? Not necessarily, but the best thing is, a great HANDLING saw is more of a pleasure to work with! Plus for a guy your age it's probably less of a consideration as your more physically able to put up with a poorer handling saw, or don't care as much.

Al :cheers:

Touche' my brother nik...

I was thinking throttle response, how fast it revs up and slows down out of the cut. The way the top handle feels on your wrist. Smoothness of running. The chain your cutting with even has something to do with all of that. My buddy that I cut with will cut with a saw when it pissy dull and is like, "It's cutting great". I'll be looking at the tiny chips flying and sharpen it for him and he'll be like, " OMG that's nice". Even the sound of the muffler, whether it's higher and whiney or the nice smooth sound that make it sound like a little jet engine makes a difference. I think for handling the chain is more important than any other part dude. Specially considering the saw is always as high rpm when limbing and whatnot...

:popcorn:

you guys are great, I appreciate all the good info. It may be just a chainsaw to some people, to me its an extension of my arm.:blob2:

Latest posts

Back