Answering the age old question...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Loving this stove so far -- granted we haven't gotten below freezing yet, but I can notice how much less wood it's consuming. Couple small logs at bed time and it's till warm in the morning. The fires are much easier to kindle, the old stove must of been sucking in so much air it was cooling the wood off as much as fanning the fire.

I don't want to even think about the creosote though :D The old Boxwood I could've gotten away with never cleaning the chimney in ten years (I think I did three times, for a grand total of a gallon of ash and a smidge of creosote removed). It'll be interesting to see how the top chamber of this stove cleans out when I finally have my first good, hot fire.

First:
I **love** this stove.

Second, revisiting this:
Haven't had any updates for awhile, how's the diet and pile of treelength coming along?

When two things collide...

I'm probably a tank, maybe a smidge more from finishing the pile after today's round. Just couldn't get weather and time to align for the last month and a half.

Had to roll a pretty good size log -- probably 12" x 20'.

As of this morning I'm at 344# which is 92# less than 2-1/2 years ago.

Conclusion: I'm going to have to get a cheater bar for my Logrite peavy because I was noticeably lacking as much fat ass as before. 5' x 92# = 460 ft-lbs fewer torque trying to roll that sucker :D

As my stamina has come up and the stress on my joints has gone down, I've now moved the rate I try to lose weight from 5# every six weeks to 10#.

Happiness is...

IMG_1347.JPG

IMG_1348.JPG

My boss jinxed me -- mentioned last week that in over five months on the new job I had yet to take a day off. Monday had to tell him I was taking a day and a half of for a funeral that's later today. (Cousin passed away, and my family is quite good at mixing humor with grief -- we have directions from my cousin that we're to have a heck of a party after the service.)

Crammed almost 40 hours in 3-1/2 days so this morning I'm taking advantage of the time off to clean the house, clean the ashes, restart the stove on a 20 degree morning, fill the house supply of wood back up, etc. -- while I have a documentary about Burt of the Bees playing on Netflix (http://burtsbuzzdoc.com/).

It's a good start to the day!

Latest posts

Back