Ant killer

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alleyyooper

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Ant killer
A tablespoon of Boraxo laundry detergent, a half cup of sugar, a cup of water.

Mix thoroughly, then make a cup out of aluminum foil 1/2" deep, add some of the mix. ( I use lids from peanut butter jars or some thing similar)

Watch the fun begin.

The ants come and drink, they swell up like little tanker trucks!!

They take the mix back and share it, turns out their digestive tract can not handle even small amounts of the Borax.

When they share with the queen of the nest, game over

:D Al

Another safe thing to use for ants and other bugs is diatomaceous earth. I use it in my rabbit pen sprinkled in the straw and around the doors for earwigs. It looks like powder but has a lot of little spikes which pierce the exoskeleton of the bug causing it to dry up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Them tiny little red ants that like to set housekeeping under cement slabs and such, I just pour bleach on the area I see them in, seems to work well, not for use around plants of course.

Them tiny little red ants that like to set housekeeping under cement slabs and such, I just pour bleach on the area I see them in, seems to work well, not for use around plants of course.
I read where those tiny red ant are deadly enemies to termites.

Back