Any 250lb plus climbers out there? if so what gear do you use?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have used both Wesspur and TreeStuff. They are both great people to deal with. Treestuff has way faster shipping to me here in Mississippi due to their location.
The folks at TreeStuff are awesome! Great stuff, great prices, free shipping, great advice. Go for it Nate, climbing is not just for small guys. I've known some big guys that were great on their spikes. Rope work is definitely harder for heavy weights and older guys like me but we can still get 'er done.

+1 on ppe. Not so much on the chaps or chainsaw pp. At least not in America not yet. Too boocoo..
Boocoo.... haha! Well Beaucoup or not, when you have set your chain saw a couple of inches down in the leg, I bet you realize that the the chain saw pants isn´t an obsticle, even when climbing.
I never start may saw without having them on. In or out of the tree. :)

I
Boocoo.... haha! Well Beaucoup or not, when you have set your chain saw a couple of inches down in the leg, I bet you realize that the the chain saw pants isn´t an obsticle, even when climbing.
I never start may saw without having them on. In or out of the tree. :)
I agree. That should not happen with better work positioning. Accidents can happen,and they can also be prevented

Latest posts

Back