any body know what kind of wood this is

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barebunns

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
i have a guy that has lots of free wood all ready cut up and he dosent know what kind it is

Attachments

• 330133292_8830454877024466_601575674593308613_n.jpg
    330133292_8830454877024466_601575674593308613_n.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 7
Free is good no matter the species. My boiler never seems to complain. :laugh: She might smoke a bit and blow smoke at the other 5 boilers among the farms but never say anything
Agreed. I've been the recipient of many dump trailer loads of free pine over the years because people won't burn them in their indoor stoves.
Generally, I'll attempt to mix it in with the good stuff because it burns hot and fast by itself.

Agreed. I've been the recipient of many dump trailer loads of free pine over the years because people won't burn them in their indoor stoves.
Generally, I'll attempt to mix it in with the good stuff because it burns hot and fast by itself.
Are you burning it in a OWB?

It is a forced air unit made by Hopsco.
I am not familiar with those mine are Central Boiler. My neighbor does also as well as my ex-father in law My brother has several that are a different brand but I am not sure what they are

I am not familiar with those mine are Central Boiler. My neighbor does also as well as my ex-father in law My brother has several that are a different brand but I am not sure what they are

Not that they are very popular, but When I got it outdoor forced air stoves were a lot less common than today. This guy is from Ohio and builds them out of his shop. Being he was a small buisiness owner and a face I could actually talk to went a long ways in choosing his stove. Today there are much better options than Hopsco. I had to make improvements to the draft to better control the temperature. The door was poorly insulated so I made improvements there, along with the insulation on the front side unit behind the exterior skin. Functionally speaking The only part I've had to replace is a thermistor, so it's been reliable in that sense. Keeps the house nice and toasty. It can be below zero with the wind blowing and it's a nice 72° inside.

any body know what kind of wood this is

Attachments

• IMG_1761.JPG
    IMG_1761.JPG
    7.5 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_1762.JPG
    IMG_1762.JPG
    6.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1763.JPG
    IMG_1763.JPG
    7.1 MB · Views: 1

Latest posts