any body know what kind of wood this is

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But ...but ...Can somebody explain to me who is "Gunny" ?
I keep reading about him all the time ...Is he an AS celebrity or something or it's just a title of some sort ?

Anyway...
I can't understand why someone
who gladly burns pallets ,really cares to find out what kind of wood was given to him for free.
For what is worth ,even if it was
turdwood still would be better firewood than pallets .

I keep reading about him all the time ...Is he an AS celebrity or something or it's just a title of some sort ?

Anyway...
who gladly burns pallets ,really cares to find out what kind of wood was given to him for free.

1 troll.png

I would guess basswood. Probably explains why he is giving it away!
He only burns wood out side in fire pit he cut down large tree and hes going to cut down and cut up 2 more trees
he said he has to much wood and he gave lots to green waste recycler
and i got a pile wood from him and when he cuts down the other trees im geting a huge pile wood

Anyway...
To me pallets are worth a heck of a lot more as pallets than as firewood.

He only burns wood out side in fire pit he cut down large tree and hes going to cut down and cut up 2 more trees
he said he has to much wood and he gave lots to green waste recycler
and i got a pile wood from him and when he cuts down the other trees im geting a huge pile wood
What green waste recyclers is he giving wood to? I don't know of any that take it for free in Lebanon County.

You think you could keep all this "wood id" stuff in one thread? You have about a 8 open right now all asking the same thing.

Recently combined. Some duplicate posts deleted.

Let me know about any other duplicate threads I missed. I only found 3 of this latest flavor.

I would guess basswood. Probably explains why he is giving it away!
Any free wood is good wood; even Pinus Radiata!!! The trick is knowing when it is dry enough to burn 'cleanly'. I leave pine, cut and split, outside for two years or more: no problems with soot/creosote. I mix it with Ironbark, Greybox or one of our local hardwoods and it's fine.

Back