Any Central Boiler EPA users out there?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
As you may have read I'm in full research mode here. And this place is usually great for it. Although I'm surprised at how little info I've found on the E-classic EPA OWB users input I've found on here or Hearth. What I have found isn't the greatest info thus far. A lot of tinkering yet. I'm mainly interested in the 1400 unit as after that it just gets very pricey. If you are using the E-classic 1400 I'd love to hear your thoughts and experiences. Using less wood and seeing less smoke is a concern for me. Thanks in advance for info...

I have the e classic 2300 and it meets all my expectations the first half of year one was rough and there's a learning curve to it. After that I just throw wood in twice a day and remove ashes out of reaction chamber once a week and clean firebox every 2 weeks start a new fire and go. I might add I dry my wood for a minimum of a year and once you get a good coal bed nothing but heat waves out of stack. The new models the 1400 and 2400 have lots of improvements over the 2300. These stoves do not like wet wood.

Back