Any good 70cc ish saws at a decent price and warranty for Under $800.00 new.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

R1!

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Pro class saws, Im looking to get back into the bush on weekends.
I used to own a couple Husky 272XPs, Never had a problem with them and decent power. That is the bench mark.
Im looking around my neck of the woods south east Ontario and everything is 1050 - 1300 plus tax.
To rich for my blood.
I was looking at a Makita DCS7301-20, best bang for the buck $700.00 basically a Dolmar PS-7310 which is a very good saw from the reviews Ive read. If I can find some work Ill buy two.
I very much appreciate the help.
I have a used Poulan Pro 42cc but I might return it.
With no oiler control and it belching oil everywhere its kinda like, Why did they do it like this.
Cheers.

Welcome to the site...

There was a guy from your neck of the woods that did some logging by my place when I lived in Madoc....

Not you by any chance?

Anyhow welcome to the site!

re 70cc ish prosaw

I personally like the 372xp and 576xp husqvarna. a 24-32'' would work on either. their both in the $750-$850 range. The 570 husqvarna is nice aswell but, i like the xp s because of their lighter magnesium cylinder and crankcase over the aluminum on the 570.

Anyone with experience on the Dolmar PS-7310?
Likes dislikes.
Thanks.

Can't believe no ones plumped for this, at one time on here the 73/7900 was the saw to get.
I suppose that's what happens when you've been around for ten years and nothing bad goes wrong, you end up being forgotten about, it's all about the latest and greatest.

Awesome saw, almost everything a 7901 is just a little cheaper.

AV is great, feels good in my hands (some don't like the balance with 28"+ bars, I don't know any better) build quality is excellent and those saws have dropped and blocked thousands upon thousands of trees.

Matt/MCW on here has dropped probably 7000+ trees with a 7900.

The only possible niggle is the air filter, but in your neck of the woods it probably isn't an issue, just get a couple and swap them out, all other little problems were sorted years and years ago.
In my part of the world the HD filter option is a must, but we have harder than hell, dusty as buggery wood.
IMO Husky air filtration isn't up to snuff here either.

Get the Makita, you won't regret it.

Can't believe no ones plumped for this, at one time on here the 73/7900 was the saw to get.
I suppose that's what happens when you've been around for ten years and nothing bad goes wrong, you end up being forgotten about, it's all about the latest and greatest.

AV is great, feels good in my hands (some don't like the balance with 28"+ bars, I don't know any better) build quality is excellent and those saws have dropped and blocked thousands upon thousands of trees.

The only possible niggle is the air filter, but in your neck of the woods it probably isn't an issue, just get a couple and swap them out, all other little problems were sorted years and years ago.
In my part of the world the HD filter option is a must, but we have harder than hell, dusty as buggery wood.

Thank You for the input, Much appreciated.
Cheers.

I personally like the 372xp and 576xp husqvarna. a 24-32'' would work on either. their both in the $750-$850 range. The 570 husqvarna is nice aswell but, i like the xp s because of their lighter magnesium cylinder and crankcase over the aluminum on the 570.

I haven't seen a mag cylinder yet. The extra weight comes from being a de-tuned version of the heavier saw. Many of your XP saws have a little brother who share almost everything outside of the top end. And most of those higher power xp top ends bolt right up.

Thank You very much for the input.
Cheers.

Pro class saws, Im looking to get back into the bush on weekends.
I used to own a couple Husky 272XPs, Never had a problem with them and decent power. That is the bench mark.
Im looking around my neck of the woods south east Ontario and everything is 1050 - 1300 plus tax.
To rich for my blood.
I was looking at a Makita DCS7301-20, best bang for the buck $700.00 basically a Dolmar PS-7310 which is a very good saw from the reviews Ive read. If I can find some work Ill buy two.
I very much appreciate the help.
I have a used Poulan Pro 42cc but I might return it.
With no oiler control and it belching oil everywhere its kinda like, Why did they do it like this.
Cheers.

If I were you I would look for a used Pro Grade 70cc

I snagged my 044 which internally is almost like a new saw for $450, willing to bet you could find A good used 70cc in your area for the same kind of price range.

A husky 372 xt is very little better than 6400 dolly. So an 7300 would be better at a lower price. I don't have a 7300, but I have a 6400,a 7900 and the husky 372 xt. good luck with your choice. Steve

Latest posts

Back