Any good 70cc ish saws at a decent price and warranty for Under $800.00 new.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish someone would not have mentioned that I can get a 2166 from TSC for $699.:bang: Ive already been on the website.

I wish someone would not have mentioned that I can get a 2166 from TSC for $699.:bang: Ive already been on the website.

:laugh: Yeah I was in there buying dog food tonight & noticed red instead of orange, so I had to take a peek. That 2166 has me intrigued. Nice looking big saw for $699. I'd bet a muff mod would do it some justice.

Thank You for the input, Much appreciated.
Cheers.

Mate, your welcome.

Your decision could also come down to backup/support.

One of the old timers on here who doesn't post anymore had a fleet of 7900's for his crew as well as a piped 7900 race saw and he loved the saws, rated them as good as anything he used but he had a good dealer too.

When it came time to replace them that dealer was unfortunately gone and the new Dolmar dealer wasn't worth a pinch of poop, and neither was the new Husky dealer (he'd run Husky for years prior to the Dolly's) so he went with Stihl.
When you're running them professionally that can be more of a deal breaker/maker than the actual saw

:laugh: Yeah I was in there buying dog food tonight & noticed red instead of orange, so I had to take a peek. That 2166 has me intrigued. Nice looking big saw for $699. I'd bet a muff mod would do it some justice.

Course we have a couple sponsors here that would do any member right on Husq/ Jonsered- worth an inquiry.

I love my 7900. I noodled 14 large rounds of ash with it on Sunday. That saw has some major stones. I don't earn a living with my saws but this is the best I have ever used....in a modern saw. I could not lean on it enough to slow it down even with the crapped out chain.

Stock standard the 64/73/7900 are grunty, nice handling and relatively light saws. (ok, the 6401 is a bit of a lump for a mid 60cc saw)
We have an 064 on the bush fire brigade tanker that I've tuned and modded slightly and a stock 7900 is quicker, lighter and obviously with better AV. (as it should)

Some say a 372 handles better but I think a lot of that is what you're used to.

I would contact Terry Landrum about a husky in jred or redmax colours. he should be able to hook you up with a saw in your price range. very cool guy to deal with and a sponsor here also :msp_thumbup: buy the 6 pack of oil and get the extra year warranty :)

70ish cc saw for under $700

If you want a good buy on a rock solid saw with good power, check out the ECHO CS-680. With a 24" bar they go for $630. Its a 66.7cc saw and top rpm's are 14,000. Its been around a long time. Its a proven saw.

Here is my take on this, if you honestly will be running in 24-32" wood the 576 is a better choice than a stock 372. The 372 stock with a 24" bar buried in hardwood is pushing the saw with a full comp chain. If it is for occasional use it will do it no problem but day in day out falling you may loose a few trees and 1 or 2 veneer trees popped you will be crying for a bigger saw. CJ

Get a 60 and have it ported. You should come in at your budget level of 800 easy.

Warranties..meh. New is cool, wouldnt worry about warranties though.

This is an email from a customer of ours that purchased a 7910 a couple weeks ago.

Steve asked for feedback on the new saw, this is the best Dolmar yet! Just cut up some big oak with my 7900 and 7910.
The 7910, power wise is not to far behind the 7900, it runs on a tank of gas a lot longer, it is smoother than the older model, and
I could use it all day long. The screen in the hood is a big filter saver, cut 3 cords, and the filter is still good to go.
I cut off 2 big stumps, the 7900 poisoned me with hot exhaust fumes, the 7910 didn't, this is the saw to have if you want
to work hard in wood all day, nice machine.

This is the best saw I've ever used.

Doug

Latest posts

Back