Any Kuuma Vaporfire 100 or 200 users or PSG Caddy and Max Caddy users out there???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Riverguide

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi guys I have been lurking for some time now and would just like to say thank you to everyone for your wealth of info I have taken advantage of. I am currently in the market for a forced hot air furnace. am going back and forth on the psg caddy, max caddy, Vaporfire 100, and 200. It has been a little hard for me tho find info from owners of the vaporfire. I am looking for real word experiences with these furnaces. My house is a 2200sf two level ( 1100 each level ) plus an unfinished basement that i am not interested in heating. I work long hours and for this to be worth it for me I would have to pretty much eliminate oil from my life. So burn times of around 10 hours are a must for me. With that said my call for heat would be relatively low as I like to keep the house around 68 or so. and I live in an area where it almost never gets below 10deg. Thanks in advance!!

Good morning Riverguide.......I installed a Kuuma Vaporfire 100 this fall and am loving this furnace! I need to get out to the barn and milk my cows, but will write more later. Fire some questions if you'd like.

How big is your home, how much wood consumption, burn times and what is temp at house... Thanks. Its a hard decision picking between these two companies I think they are both great and efficient units... Thanks in advance for replies

How big is your home, how much wood consumption, burn times and what is temp at house... Thanks. Its a hard decision picking between these two companies I think they are both great and efficient units... Thanks in advance for replies

My home is an 1800 square foot older farmhouse. It is really too early to tell what my wood consumption will be. I know for a fact that I am burning less than I was with the old furnace. Right now I am getting 12 hour burns. It has gotten down in the single digits a few times and still is keeping the house between 72 and 80 degrees!!! I know once we get way below zero I will have to turn up the computer control and add every 8 hours. If you only get down to 10 above I bet you could get by with it on the low setting and get 12 hour burns! Have you been on their web site and looked at the videos on how it senses the temp in the firebox and adjusts the draft accordingly? It is so nice to pull the coals toward the front, add your wood, shut the door and forget it for 12 hours!!! The Kuuma is made 2 hours from here, so went up there this spring and checked them out. First I met Daryl the owner and felt like I had known him my whole life. He gave me a tour and wow was I impressed with the quality of this furnace. He has the Kuuma 100 in the shop and has been heating it for over 28 years. I looked up the chimney and there was no creosote! Nice furnace....nice people!

Last edited:
I have a PSG Caddy. I like it alot, this is my third season on it. My only complaint is I wish it had a larger firebox. But my house is also large farm house with a heated garage.

Back