any of you outdoor wood burner guys figured out a way

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think some one had a thread on this a month or two ago. I pretty much ended in it not being worth while.

I think the best bets where a steam turbine/ engine and maybe a sterling engine.

I thought about it too, the only thing I came up with is running a small engine to power the generator with wood gas, maybe from the chimmney? But thats as far as I got, I thought.

What happened to that bozo (or genius) that was making something like 240 amps with sunlight?

The cost for the turbine and generator, along with the problems associated with feedwater chemistry make it impracticle to generate using steam at the homeowner level.

Not to mention that you need dry steam (high pressure) for efficient turbine operation...far beyond the capability of any OWB that I've seen to date. We used to run a small turbine at work on a feedwater pump in the coal boiler room. At 130 psi, we had all sorts of control problems due in part, I think, to the fact that mixed condensate rather than steam was leaving the turbine. Erosion of the turbine wheel due to the water still present in the low pressure steam eventually destroyed the unit.

Latest posts

Back