Any one own a big or super jack stove

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

r62290

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I am looking to replace my piece of crap united states stove company 1537g wood stove. The super jack costs 3 times as much but am told they last a long time. I am lucky to get 3 years out of my 1537g and now on my 2nd one in 5 years it is cracking like my 1st one.I was told the jack stoves all come with inducer fans can you use them with out this? I just want to keep it simple, hook it up to my duct work, throw wood in and let the hot air blower do its thing.Also was told they do not have shaker grates like I am use to,is this a draw back or no big deal. My 1537g is rated at 119,000 btu and rated to heat 2,500 square feet and keeps my house plenty warm,but I keep it running 24/7. Which jack stove would make a good replacement?

Crappie Keith is definately your man for this one. I'm sure once he gets in from the ice he'll chime in. From what I hear, they are well worth the money. Good Luck!

Matt

....hide-e-oh neighbors....just got off of the ice and back to the day job...
2010icefishing270.jpg

...ok back to furnaces...The Super Jack will do exactly what you want and more....much more.They are on sale for 200$ off and they fall into the tax credit so you could get back $1000 when you do your taxes.

You've already witnessed what a average furnace will do.
these Jacks preform much better.If your 40-50 it should be the last furnace you ever buy.You will go through way less wood and you'll be down to a load or 2 loads a day depending on how cold it is outside or what kind of wood you are burning and how wet it is.
Not many people can burn out a Jack unless they really try hard to overwork it for decades. Your sized home does not indicate that you need to overwork it.

No shakers well I have a BJ90 and I'm not in the box needing to mess around too much. My poker has a paddle on the end and every 3 or 4 days I'll do some stirring to knock down some ash.
I suppose I dump ashes every 2 weeks. True....I let mine build up but my house is only 1400 s/f and I'm not needing all of the btu's that it can generate.
The great part about that SJ125 is that it has a ton of control.
You can use or not use the secondary heat exchanger.The draft motor is totally varible along with the disc on the hollow firedoor. The door is hollow to aide in preheating air for the gasification process.

I know that the Jacks are more than your run of the mill discount store wood burners & when you look at getting one directly from us skipping the mark up they would have added plus add in the tax credit you really are getting one for less than half of what they could go for.
With Yukon furnaces you do get what you pay for...plus we give tech service when needed and we back up warranties without you having to threaten anyone.
I'm proud to represent Yukon and I'm a proud owner of one.
Go to the link in my signature. Then look to the stories of what people say....those stories are real!

Latest posts

Back