Any performance advantage to using short or long nozzle on Stihl BG86?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

6012HD

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Just wondering if there is any performance advantage to using either the short or long nozzle position on the Stihl BG86 blower,or are these different nozzle positions for convenience only?
Thanks,6012

I realize how sensitive two strokes are regarding sealed crankcases,and crank shaft pulses for proper operation and also I read somewhere that some two stroke blowers(Stihl?) will hardly run with just the nozzle removed,so I thought maybe the length of the nozzle had some effect on the blower performance...maybe not?! Thanks,6012HD

I realize how sensitive two strokes are regarding sealed crankcases,and crank shaft pulses for proper operation and also I read somewhere that some two stroke blowers(Stihl?) will hardly run with just the nozzle removed,so I thought maybe the length of the nozzle had some effect on the blower performance...maybe not?! Thanks,6012HD
Prob just a comfort thing if you are talking about the tube length.

Thanks...so I guess it's just a personal preference as far as long or short nozzle.I use mainly the 'long' nozzle also.Thanks,6012HD

I bought one of those for my pops, It didn’t have multiple nozzles. He didn’t want the weight of my backpack blower but man using the handheld is painfully slow.

Short nozzle blasts the air in a wider dispersion. Also makes it easier to blow next to houses, walls, etc. Longer nozzle is more powerful but in a more narrow area before it disperses.

Nozzle length was mainly for different heights of people using them to keep nozzle end close to ground to utilize the most air volume/speed

Latest posts

Back