Any Redwood climbers out there?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kbyam13

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I'll be in northern Cal. in July 17-20, and I really would love to climb at least one Redwood. I'm on the east coast, and the tallest trees around here are not much more than 100 feet. Hoping to get some info or even hook up with someone that wants to go at this time. I'll be out there for a wedding so, the timing on my part is not too flexible. Thanks.

Might have more luck in the rec climbing forum. If you can extend your trip do it you won't run out of things to do!

Last edited:
You could come out west to cinci and climb the big redwoods. Dawn redwoods that is. Top out at around 100 ft. Prob not what you re looking for.

I've climbed a few, but I live in SoCal and it'd take me a few days off work to get up there and climb with you.

How long're you gonna be up?

love
nick

Thanks Gary!!!

I didn't mean love as in "i wanna make out with you." I reserve that love for my girlfriend!

I'm sure it's illegal, but there are plenty of places along the Avenue of the Giants where you can park your car on the side of the road, head in for a "hike" then perhaps veer off trail and find a suitable climbing tree. Not necessarily recommending it (yes I am) but it's been done in the past.

love
nick

Latest posts

Back