Any Ridge Wood outdoor boiler owners?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What model is yours? How old is it? Mine is the 6000 and this is our first season.. We put ours in a shed to keep the weather of of it and me! Does your damper door stick? If it does - spraying wd40 on the hinge seems to do the trick.

This is my 1st season with it and it works great and damper door hasnt stuck yet and i have the 6000 but mine has stanless steal where theres black parts on yours and it hold the heat great does your damper make a humming noise when its open ?

my house is a little under 1000 and a one in half car garage and i get burn times over 8 hours and thats with around five logs or so

Hey guys, I was wondering what you still think about your Ridge Wood OWB's? I'm in the market for an OWB and I am currently seriously considering a Ridge Wood 6000 or 7500.

I plan on heating my 1250 sq ft house, 2 car garage (well insulated), DHW and in the semi-near future a 30x40 barn.

Curious to what you guys think about these stoves, good and bad.

Colson, I absolutely love mine(6000)! Heating a drafty old 1600sf farm house at 75°, 24x30 garage at 50° unless I'm in it, which is quite often, and DHW for five people. It handles that load just fine. I would recommend one. I see in previous posts they talk about the draft door being sticky, not a big deal. Keep your eye on it when loading, of you notice creosote build up, scrape it out with a putty knife, which takes about 10 seconds. Very cost effective also, I installed mine myself, after it was all done, I added up receipts and money spent would not have gotten a woodmaster off local dealers lot let alone accessories.

When you say creosote build up, do you mean on the seal around the door, or on the draft door itself?

Also, I know you're heating a drafty farm house, but what kind of burn times do you get out of your 6000? Load once or twice a day? How many cord? Just trying to get an idea of what I'm getting myself into.

It builds up in the draft door area, not bad, but enough can make the flipper stick. 30-40° range you'll get 24hr burns, below that 12 hrs easy. I would like to point out also, all my wood was cut at 18" because I had the wood piled up before the decision was made to purchase the owb. Noting that, the firebox was NEVER filled to capacity at those burn times. Longer pieces will mean more wood equaling more than sufficient capacity at really cold conditions. One day last January, it was below 0° with 30+mph winds I threw a few chunks in at noon. ( I also added some to neighbors woodmaster) I was right about 14 cords last winter, was about what the neighbor used, too, new house, 30x40 barn, and no dhw. We were watching each others piles quite close, lol, seeing how the stoves compared to each other. In my opinion, they are both good units, there's not much difference, other than price and his has a draft fan. They both gave us the heat we called for on roughly the same amount of wood. I would definitely buy the ridgewood again. BTW, mine is still burning for dhw, I can't believe how little wood it is operating on for that! The wife and two teenage daughters like long hot showers.

Awesome Speed, thanks for the information. That was what I was hoping to hear, planning on calling Ridge Wood today.

Back