any wood stoves that blow at the floor?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kielbasa

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm looking to replace my pellet stove (can't stand the fact that is supplies no radiant heat), but I want a wood stove that blasts air downward to heat my insulated concrete floor.....I looked at a few manufacturers sites but didn't notice anything that caught my eye, maybe someone here knows of one? Thanks for any input!

I suppose one could be made to do that. Trouble is warm air rises naturally, so heatilators and woodheaters with blowers usually pull the cold air off the floor and it comes out the top-more efficient that way in my view.
My family owned a woodstove store in the 80's, and I don't remember any that blew the hot air across the floor. If you shut the blower off what happens is the heat goes to the ceiling and travels away from the stove. At the same time it's displaces the cold air down and the coldest air travels back to the stove. This is called a convective loop I believe we called it back then and it occurs naturally.
What I have seen that does this is a standalone gas console heater in a 1000 square foot cabin I remodeled a few months ago. It was a nearly new, and it blew the heat across the floor into middle of room. Manufacturer was Williams I believe. Seemed to work ok but I didn't notice how far away it kept the floor warm. Let us know what you find

my brother has a Juca that blows at the floor (awesome to just throw boots and wet gloves, and his floor surrounding the stove is toasty), unfortunately it looks like they stopped production.....

Why fight nature? Just get a stove that's efficient with a regular blower. Then, in the middle of your room, put up a ceiling fan to blow the heat down. It will have your floors so warm the ol lady will be rolling around them!:jawdrop:

Our Wonder wood blows out front and center at about one inch above floor height.

Back