Distance between stove and tv

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WhiteMike

ArboristSite Member
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m wondering how far I need to keep my TV from my wood stove. I have a kuma ashford and it will be my primary source of heat next winter. It’s in the corner of my main room. My plans are to wall mount the tv eventually. The tv in the picture is a 65” tv. I bought a new one at Costco that’s 83”. The horizontal width is the same as the entertainment stand in the picture. The wall that the tv is against is a 15 foot wall, the tv obviously isn't centered on that wall. The head of the tape measure is sitting on the floor where the center of that back wall would be. I figured centering the tv on that wall would put it too close to the stove. If I were to put the new TV on the wall as the entertainment stand sits, the stove would be 36” from the tv at its closest point. I’m just wondering how close I can be without damaging the TV or what I can do to help “protect” the tv from the heat. Putting the tv centered on that wall would be nice but I don’t think that’s going to be possible unless you geniuses have some ideas. It is an OLED TV if that makes any difference
6670E899-8483-432C-9F88-A90EA6EDDFB3.jpeg

Attachments

• 4B6EB1BC-20C9-48F3-89F0-E2FC16C4A9FA.jpeg
    4B6EB1BC-20C9-48F3-89F0-E2FC16C4A9FA.jpeg
    4.7 MB · Views: 1
Being the new guy, I hate being the first to reply, so this is just IME.

My TV has been sitting 28" from my stove (rental house Quadrafire Millenium 3100) for the last couple of winters and will again this winter.

The TV should have some max heat specs. Couple that with your stove's manual and the minimum distance specs. While it isn't really practical before the burning season, an IR thermometer should be able to show what your stove is throwing in the direction. Also keep in mind that the fire bricks will help focus the heat forward-and of course upward.

It's just a 50" flat screen and not expensive. I would be more careful and err towards safety if it was a giant pricey TV.

No hating on the set up or color. It's a rental.
Thumbnail:
IMG_1507.jpg

my eye sight is really good so I can put them far from each other and still see both...:)

joking aside. just keep an eye on it but it looks plenty far away to me. that big woods thing it sitting on might not like years of dry heat on it tho, just keep a few pots of water on top the stove at all times... you will want it anyway for your health. if you can comfortably stand were the TV is without getting to warm it will be fine

I would be more concerned about the amount of noncombustible material in front of the wood stove door.. Not enough for me to contain any embers while loading the hot stove. Maybe it;s just me.

Back