Anybody ever worked on a 311?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not bad at all really. Just take your time and pictures of the disassembly makes it going back together easier.

I always start with shop manual and IPL from Beg For Manals guys. Get em in a heartbeat. .

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

I don't think I've even worked on a 271 either. I have messed with a couple of 280s, still have one here. I think I can pull up an IPL and shop manual. Owner of saw says he's in no hurry so don't need to rush on this one. Shop not heated very well so just gonna work on it on nice days. I have another cradle ordered. On this saw it appears something came loose and broke the ignition module from the case so probably need a module also..

Been tinkering today on the MS311, got the chain brake off and put on the new chassis. One thing I noticed is the odd way the carb linkage looks, don't know if I can figure out how to put it back on the saw. It just has a hook shaped end on the carb end but I can't see what it hooks around. Very odd looking arrangement...

Been tinkering today on the MS311, got the chain brake off and put on the new chassis. One thing I noticed is the odd way the carb linkage looks, don't know if I can figure out how to put it back on the saw. It just has a hook shaped end on the carb end but I can't see what it hooks around. Very odd looking arrangement...
It just likely presses down the throttle when pressed...
if is is like the other new models.....

I went to pull the engine out of the old chassis and the ball bearings went everywhere! I guess it means this is gonna be a not too cheap endeavor. Was wondering if these bearings will interchange with bearings from a MS290? I'm trying to not get a fortune in this iffy project...the bearings on this saw are 15X38X11.

Back