Anybody got a stickler or screw type log splitter the want to get rid of?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

motoman3b

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Looking to build a hydraulic driven version of one of these (my ingersoll tractor only has a hydro PTO) which would mount to the FEL to break down large rounds so I can finish them with my regular log splitter.... just a fun little project if I can find the auger part to make it with!

Looking to build a hydraulic driven version of one of these (my ingersoll tractor only has a hydro PTO) which would mount to the FEL to break down large rounds so I can finish them with my regular log splitter.... just a fun little project if I can find the auger part to make it with!

I have one I'd sell. Shipping would be high though.

Hi

I inherited one from my Dad.

It's yours, free.
Come and get it.

Where are you in Michigan?
I'm at exit 239 on I75, Roscommon

Tom

I would sell you mine dad hasn't useed it like 25 years. But it is the splitter I try to lend out when someone asks to use my hydrolic splitter
I tell them I plan to use it this weekend but they are welcome to use the corkscrew splitter. but to this day I have not had aanyone take me up in the offer. one way to keep the good splitter In good shape.

It's yours when you want it.

You know we'll all want pics/video when you get done.

Tom

It's yours when you want it.

You know we'll all want pics/video when you get done.

Tom

Tom, I sent you another PM I'm going to be up your way the weekend of the 18th this month, let me know your address and when you will be around, thanks!

DSC00402.jpg

Check your messages.

I got it out of the barn today.

It appears to have had extra holes drilled in it, to fit something else...., 2 different lug patterns?

The board is on it to keep it from rolling around, I guess.

Tom

Thats exactly what I'm looking for, and that one looks pretty beefed up in the flange area, should work perfect for my project and I'll keep you all posted on how it turns out, Thanks Tom and I'll be giving you a call in about a week to work out the pick up details!

If it doesn't work out let me know...I have one that mounts to the rear of a tractor using the 3 point hitch then the screw is turned by PTO shaft. I'm in Big Rapids.

I've seen these at auctions how safe are they and how well do they work?

Hey Guy.

They work well as an alternative to a maul.

They are as safe as you make em, just like your chain saw.

A wise man ( My Dad), once said-

"Son, you have to be smarter than your tools."

Tom

Welll,

Motoman changed his mind, said, " Thanks, but no thanks".

Rather than drag it back to the barn, I put it on Craigslist.

SOLD!!! in 1 hour!

He helped me get rid of some of my excess inventory, and I got a nice $100 bill.

Tom

Back