Anybody making charcoal?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last month I cooked husk on corn and foil wrapped sweet potatoes in my girl friends large hearth fire place, both turned out great. I was just reading about on of the guys on here having bar stools around his wood furnace in the basement. Why not throw some cook ware on it and make your gas/electric bill go down a bit.

Hey Kodiak, I forgot about that part that would be some great charcoal little whiskey in the smoke I can smell/taste it now making me hungry!! Sounds good, sucks right now gotta keep the ol cholesterol down for our insurance nazi's to be on the "healthy living" plan but it beats paying a extra $3000 a year!! On top of that didn't get a deer this year so running out of any venison I had stocked up on!! Once we get done with the yearly checkup I'm back to some good old red meat only got to drop a couple points anyway!! Corn on the cob and sweet potatoes sound good in foil, I tried that once on the "guys" camping trip I was in charge of cooking that and tending the campfire my friends we kinda bent when they opened up there chartatoe (I did something wrong) after a few beers everyone ate most of them anyway!! HA take care everyone irishcountry

A little off topic but this made me think of a time we were camping and the guys next to us were cooking in the camp fire, they had a can of pork and beans sitting in the coals only they forgot to poke a hole in the can, you can guess what happened, KABOOM beans all over the side of the guys van, he calmly looked at his buddy while taking a drink off his beer and said I think the beans are done. I was laughing so hard I was crying.

Quote: Thats funny right there I don't care who you are!! (Larry the Cable guy) I bet that was a hilarous site good thing nobody got hurt I've heard of that happening!! Gotta love camp stories me and my buddys still reminice about the time we threw a log in a river on a rainy day and took a ride til we heard what sounded like a water fall we had to swim ashore and walk through knee deep swamp to get back I lost my drivers licence and my buddy lost a shoe!! It was fun for awhile anyways Good times take care guys irishcountry

Back