Anybody sell campfire wood bundles?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have plans/some pic's on (MS WORD).Free to any arboridtsite member with more than 10 posts.(donations accepepted for my time writing and development would be gladly be nice)!My retirent fund?
I have can most doing bundles in 10 munutes usunig AV's style!
NO i will not send to newbies!
Mark
P.S.Nothing in Colorado!
( i bet i get bombed with this one)
FYI i do 15K in bundles a year.

I am in Colorado. And I am inventive enough to create my own machine.
In comparison, I am "small fry", and do about 1/10 what you are doing.

On topic, I based my bundle on a 5 gallon bucket. Length, diameter, etc. The bucket is the "clamp" that holds the wood while I shrink wrap the other end. Then wrap the other side, and done. I can wrestle 12 an hour this way including the splitting. Not terrible, but will be improved upon.

I am in Colorado. And I am inventive enough to create my own machine.
In comparison, I am "small fry", and do about 1/10 what you are doing.

On topic, I based my bundle on a 5 gallon bucket. Length, diameter, etc. The bucket is the "clamp" that holds the wood while I shrink wrap the other end. Then wrap the other side, and done. I can wrestle 12 an hour this way including the splitting. Not terrible, but will be improved upon.
You can't build one for that price!
Mark
P.S My new bundler is faster to use.

Campfire Market Rejuvenation?

The temp dropped, the weather turned mild, the campers want warmth, and business picked back up.

I stocked out of bundled firewood this past weekend. Suddenly the demand for heat resurrected out of nowhere. Rather incredible in my book. I sold 20 bundles of dry wood in one day at one location. Gasp! :dizzy:

Last edited:
build you a frame with 4 posts,,,,lay your bailing string in the the bottom leaving your ends out both sides,,just drop the amount you want to bundle in the rack,,pull your ties up and over and tie it,,nice neat bundle

This is the way were do it now and the problem is the bundle get louse. Also it takes to much time and is hard on your fingers. I hope we find a better way.

build you a frame with 4 posts,,,,lay your bailing string in the the bottom leaving your ends out both sides,,just drop the amount you want to bundle in the rack,,pull your ties up and over and tie it,,nice neat bundle

The temp dropped, the weather turned mild, the campers want warmth, and business picked back up.

I stocked out of bundled firedwood this past weekend. Suddenly the demand for heat resurrected out of nowhere. Rather incredible in my book. I sold 20 bundles of dry wood in one day at one location. Gasp! :dizzy:

It's a great feeling when it comes back alive isn't it? Been an emotional roller coaster this summer, first business is hot, then not, then on again. Seems to be no rhyme or reason, and I live on the same road as a state park with campers.
Say, do you use the handles on your bundles? And if so, how much weight do you subject them to? And how many cu. ft.?

It's a great feeling when it comes back alive isn't it? Been an emotional roller coaster this summer, first business is hot, then not, then on again. Seems to be no rhyme or reason, and I live on the same road as a state park with campers.
Say, do you use the handles on your bundles? And if so, how much weight do you subject them to? And how many cu. ft.?
Yes, I do use handles, but they are rather unique. I wrap the wood using twine in about 20-lb bundles, 7 to 9 logs apiece. The handles are made from old garden hose, cut in 5" lengths. I thread the twine twice through the hose as I wrap the twine. When I wrap, I go around the logs on one end twice, then through the handle, twice around on the other side and then back through the handle. I tie a knot before and after going through the handle and pull the twine as tightly as I can.

After the last knot is tied, I check to see if I can still firm up the bundle by ramming a small kindling log or two into the bundle. Yes, it's a manual process, but nobody has yet to complain. I usually buy the garden hose from a garage sale for a buck or two or get it free from friends who are throwing away a leaky hose. A 50' hose yields over 100 handles.

I think weather and holidays dictate campfire demand. Then there are boy scouts that show up rather unexpectedly. Yes, it is very hard to predict. That means you have to have a stock on hand and be ready.

Yes, I do use handles, but they are rather unique. .........

Doctor ed, thanks for the info on the handles. Great idea. I've been tripping over spools of partial hoses all summer. You've got me thinking now.
When you mentioned that you tie bundles I thought of the "constrictor knot". It is nearly impossible to untie and you can draw it up tighter by pulling each end. I'd wear leather gloves though. There is even a "double constrictor" which takes only an extra couple of seconds. Worth looking into on the knot websites.

One more question (or 2) if you don't mind. What are the dimensions of the bundle for your 20-lb. (or volume)? And do you feel the bundles dry out quickly after a rain once tied? Thanks.

Latest posts

Back