Anybody sell PHC packages

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ATH

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Just curious if anybody has specific "packages" for tree health care where you schedule periodic visits (multiple per year?) to monitor, improve the health of or otherwise treat clients' trees.

Obviously this type of thing would only work with customers who are willing to invest a little more in the health of their trees. Well---as I type that, maybe not because good maintenance doesn't cost a lot and it truly does cut down on the large expenditures (removals and replants for example).

Anyhow...what percentage of your business is "scheduled maintenance"? And what do those contracts look like? (x visits per year? any promises from you to prevent 'predictable' pests?, etc...) And how much do you charge for such (obviously will vary greatly by number of trees on property)?

Thanks!

I do not, but really want to start. I want to offer disease and pest managament packages, micro inject, etc. Right now all I do is deep root fert and which have customers are on an annual schedule.

What has been stopping me is I dont have the workload(yet) to buy and insure a spray truck. I would like to start off with a trailer mounted spray rig that hose atleast 70ft long. Where to find?

I have been giving all of this work to Bartlett and get nothing in return.

There is a lot of money to be made in PHC, however it is normally not something you will get calls about. When you do go on the called for estimate of pruning, dead wooding,etc You can upsell the job for PHC treatment.

I do not, but really want to start. I want to offer disease and pest managament packages, micro inject, etc. Right now all I do is deep root fert and which have customers are on an annual schedule.

What has been stopping me is I dont have the workload(yet) to buy and insure a spray truck. I would like to start off with a trailer mounted spray rig that hose atleast 70ft long. Where to find?

I have been giving all of this work to Bartlett and get nothing in return.

There is a lot of money to be made in PHC, however it is normally not something you will get calls about. When you do go on the called for estimate of pruning, dead wooding,etc You can upsell the job for PHC treatment.

Can you convert your DRF rig to spray? We have poly tanks on a frame, use them for both spraying and DRF. Has a Honda engine and a pump that does 300 psi. Because the tanks are on a frame, the unit can be put in chip truck, on a trailer or on a 1 ton flat deck. If you have a double tank unit, then you can carry water in one and spray multiple products in a day.

You want as much hose as the reel will hold.

We almost exclusively do packages. Most customers get a program with 3-4 stops (min of 3, up to 4) where we will spray anything necessary on those visits as part of the cost. Injections are sold separately. Usually, the program is bid out for the entire property (cultivated areas), but sometimes it will just be for a couple of trees.

Pricing is based on the history of our area. We know what to expect - some years it will be one problem that will fade away as another transitions in. A couple of diseases are here every year in a big way for hundreds of years, so we can count on them. =)

Back