Anyone have a crankcase for a 372XP?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarge14

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone might have a good used crankcase for a Husqvarna 372XP? A friend of mine gave me this saw (Runs great) but the sprocket side of the case is cracked really bad.

Thanks in advance!

Are they weldable? I got a quad on the cheap that had a cracked case. I took that half off, took it to our machine shop at work and they welded it for me. I used a pencil grinder to clean it up and you could barely see the repair. Worked like a charm. The other question is, what caused the crack?

Hi,

The crack starts by the oiler assembly (I dont know exactly what it's called) and goes underneith the carburator/air filter. That piece of metal is completely broken off and you can look straight into the housing for the carb/air filter from the outside of the saw. The saw doesn't have many hours of use on it. A logger friend of mine, accidently backed over it with his truck. He stopped before completely running over it!!

Your suggestion of welding it could work if I could find the right person to do the work?

Thanks.

Out of curiosity, how much would a complete power head go for? Where is everyone finding these things? I can't find anything decent around here. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong places.

I've got a crankcase with the crank in it that is good. I can't tell you a price, as I have to wait a couple days to see if a sponsor has it for you. If you can't find anything send me a Pm or email me at [email protected]

sarge14 said:
Hi,

The crack starts by the oiler assembly (I dont know exactly what it's called) and goes underneith the carburator/air filter. That piece of metal is completely broken off and you can look straight into the housing for the carb/air filter from the outside of the saw. The saw doesn't have many hours of use on it. A logger friend of mine, accidently backed over it with his truck. He stopped before completely running over it!!

Your suggestion of welding it could work if I could find the right person to do the work?

Thanks.

My experience in welding the magnesium doesn't seem to work to well. If it is that close the the oiler, you would have to completely disassemble the crank and weld the case without the bearings in it. Then you risk the chance of warping it, if you can get a good seal with the magnesium.

I just found a used crankcase at a local repair shop and will pick it up today. I never thought this shop would have one but they did!

Thanks for all your help!

John

Latest posts

Back