Anyone know idle&max RPM's for a Poulan PP4218a?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eye.heart.trees

arborjunky
Reaction score
Or how to find these #'s generally if you don't have the specs-pages? I get my saws at pawn shops most of the time so am googling and can't find figures for the pp4218, I just had a nightmarish McGuyver session with it (ripped the plug-wire, patched it with house-electronics' cabling and it worked!) and it was acting funny so I tuned it so much that I can't find where I had it before and I cannot figure out how to get it optimal, need the factory-spec #'s for idle & max-RPM so I can work from there (the tachometer is reading just fine IE it's not that my patch-job ruined the tach's integrity, you can still tell it's working fine it's just that I can't set it properly, the best I've gotten it is to cut strong but fail immediately after pulling-out of the wood, I can get it there or to a reliable idle, NOT to both..

Also curious if this saw (or how to tell if any saw) has a "high speed needle/restriction"? I've got several saws that I tinker with and 1 'project'/restoration saw so if there's any good online respositories of this info I'd love to be linked but at minimum am hoping to find the RPM #'s for the pp4218, and maybe a guide on removing poulan clutches/sprockets if they just spin clockwise indefinitely w/o coming off!!

Back