anyone running a 5" ss liner instead of a 6"?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cpeder

Cpeder

ArboristSite Member
I would like to order a liner this before this season gets underway due to the condensation problems ive been have for the past few winters, I have a 8x8 (7x7 I.D) terracotta flue 35' exterior chimney on my house. my stove is a Drolet Tundra. With the low flue temps of the stove most day mid afternoon when the stove is at an idle I will get a good bit on contestation. I thought about doing a 5.5 liner but Im told this may be hard with insulation to fit and a 5" would be better if I use 1/2" insulation. anyone have experience with this??? and the house and chimney are 5 years old really don't wanna remove the terracotta.

Mustang71

Mustang71

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Well I have pulled a 6 inch liner down 8x8 tile. If you get a leader cone in the diameter u want you can attach a rope to it and pull it down the chimney as well as push it. However if there are any offsets in the tiles it makes things a lot harder.

Every size liner has a btu rating.

LondonNeil

LondonNeil

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
I've fitted a 5" on one stove and a6" on another. Our regs and stoves differ so I can't comment on what you are allowed to do or how the stove will like it, but can confirm a 5" liner is much easier to install, 6" is just a little heavier, a little bigger and a little stiffer, that combines to make it a chunk harder to install. I was shoving up, with a lead cone, and someone up top pulling too

Latest posts