Anyone seen this?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I for one like the fact that there seems to be yet another company selling yet another bandmill almost every week. The more choices people have, the more competition, and that means lower cost for the consumers. :biggrinbounce2:

Pretty cheap price for a mill if it goes for under 2K... but then how does it perform, hold up... parts availability etc etc etc.

It looks like its built on a low production scale. It appears to be well made, although the track section looks a might bit flimsy.

It also appears to be somewhat portable, but not big enough to justify putting it on an axle and pulling it. I like the fact its got its own powerhead.

Think it would make a nice addtion to the CSM if the track section was beefed up enough to throw a modified axle under it, a coupler, and have a small, mobile band mill?

Looks pretty nice

It does look well made. And if it goes for under 2k that would be cheap. I wonder if it would be pretty easy to pickup and move. I would wonder about parts availible also. Looks like a great deal though.

bookerdog said:
It does look well made. And if it goes for under 2k that would be cheap. I wonder if it would be pretty easy to pickup and move. I would wonder about parts availible also. Looks like a great deal though.

Thats why I wonder if it would be worth it to do some modifications and mount it trailer like.

Ive been thinking about this....Building a set-up that sits in a shortened trailer axle, but stought enough I can load a log on it and bring it home. Then set either a CSM set-up like carvinmark has, or something like that bandmill on ebay on and go to town.

CaseyForrest said:
It looks like its built on a low production scale. It appears to be well made, although the track section looks a might bit flimsy.

It also appears to be somewhat portable, but not big enough to justify putting it on an axle and pulling it. I like the fact its got its own powerhead.

Think it would make a nice addtion to the CSM if the track section was beefed up enough to throw a modified axle under it, a coupler, and have a small, mobile band mill?

It'll be interesting to see how much the reserve is along with shipping. If you were going to continue using your csm to build cants I think the 16" width X 8" height cuts would be ok. They mentioned wm blades, I'd want to know the blade width to make sure it's a standard size. The carriage looks well built, be nice to have a carriage built for a csm that would share the same trailerable track you mentioned building. If you were considering building your own track, you might contact them about purchasing only the carriage. Just a thought...

flht01 said:
It'll be interesting to see how much the reserve is along with shipping. If you were going to continue using your csm to build cants I think the 16" width X 8" height cuts would be ok. They mentioned wm blades, I'd want to know the blade width to make sure it's a standard size. The carriage looks well built, be nice to have a carriage built for a csm that would share the same trailerable track you mentioned building. If you were considering building your own track, you might contact them about purchasing only the carriage. Just a thought...

Quite simply, most companies aren't going to re-invent the wheel. They will use as many off the shelf parts as possible, especially things like wheels and blades. Then again, you can get blades custom done quite easily for length.

Mark

Same town as Hudson, been in business about the same time. Feedback 0. Maybe Hudson having someone test the market for a no-name brand. I bet the reserve will be about $200 less than Hudson.

If you look at the Hudson 18 inch saw you will also see many similarities to this saw, parts etc... I think you are right clintb.

Could be someone copying Hudsons design.

Its sure does throw a wrench in the works when you are trying to decide on either an 880. A used ripsaw someone gave you a GREAT price on, and this one!!

Good thing I dont need it RIGHT now!!

I see in two of the picts, it apears to have a chinese copy of a Honda motor on it.... I'm not sure i'd want that motor... Also, i'm not sure i'd want a Hudson either..

Rob

I CONTACTED THESE GUYS AS THEY ARE ABOUT A 2 HOUR DRIVE FROM ME. THEY WILL SELL THEM FROM THEIR SHOP ALL DAY LONG AT $1895. IF YOU CALL THEM A DAY AHEAD OF TIME THEY WILL SET ONE UP TO DEMO FOR YOU. I GUESS I NEED TO COUNT MY PENNYS AND MAKE THE TRIP:rockn:

stonykill said:
I CONTACTED THESE GUYS AS THEY ARE ABOUT A 2 HOUR DRIVE FROM ME. THEY WILL SELL THEM FROM THEIR SHOP ALL DAY LONG AT $1895. IF YOU CALL THEM A DAY AHEAD OF TIME THEY WILL SET ONE UP TO DEMO FOR YOU. I GUESS I NEED TO COUNT MY PENNYS AND MAKE THE TRIP:rockn:

Yes, go buy one, and report back after you get some time on it!!!!

Looks like it went for a decent price.

Back