Anyone still using vermeer and rayco teeth?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arbor pro

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
This forum has hosted a number of threads about several new advancements in stump cutter teeth and wheels. I personally have switched over 3 of my machines to greenteeth and see a big difference in performance.

That said, I'm curious why others still stick with their factory teeth setups? If somebody out there still prefers to use the vermeer pro or rayco super teeth, I've got a whole bunch of new and used teeth and pockets from a vermeer 252, a vermeer 665a and a rayco 1625 super jr that I'd love to sell real reasonable!

Any takers???

I have tried the greenteeth and find them to be very good cutters, but they put an enourmous amount of stress on the drivetrain bearings/belts of the grinder. The cost of those items and the labor to change them eat up any savings the greenteeth offer. The 2 piece vermeer teeth are no better than the standard 1/2 original style teeth and I will not use them either. The rayco 1 piece tooth offer the best quality and durability in my opinion. They do cost more in the beginning to set up, but sending them out to be retipped keeps the cost down. I have not seen them break in both residental and city work and have hit everything from buried cobble stone to antique water meters. I look forward to new vermeer yellow jacket system, it looks like it shows some promise. I know some others swear by the sandvick system, which I will look at for a new machine but can't justify the cost of a retro on an older model unless it needed a new cutter wheel anyway.

Stump Grinding Teeth Trade

This forum has hosted a number of threads about several new advancements in stump cutter teeth and wheels. I personally have switched over 3 of my machines to greenteeth and see a big difference in performance.

That said, I'm curious why others still stick with their factory teeth setups? If somebody out there still prefers to use the vermeer pro or rayco super teeth, I've got a whole bunch of new and used teeth and pockets from a vermeer 252, a vermeer 665a and a rayco 1625 super jr that I'd love to sell real reasonable!

Any takers???[/QUOTE

What type of Rayco teeth do you have? If they are Super tooth I would be intersted in trading.

Here's the inventory - make me an offer...

I just went out and took inventory of the teeth and pockets I have:

1) Rayco Super Teeth: 17 Total: 7L, 6R, 4S - all used only once (dull) and have never been sharpened or retipped. No broken bolts in them. Shipping wt: 30#

2) Vermeer Pro Teeth: 99 Total: 38L, 43R, 18S - 61 have been used only once (dull). I did try to sharpen a few and they turned out ok but I never reused them. 27 teeth have barely a few hours on them so they still have an edge and 11 have never been used. (I also have 14 older style teeth that have seen a lot of use. They might be good for retipping but not for sharpening). Total shipping wt: 55#

3) Vermeer Pro Pockets: 70 Total: 30L, 40R - all in useable or new condition. 3 or 4 have broken teeth siezed in them that I couldn't pound out. None have broken off bolts in them. (I also have 24 older style pockets - 18L, 6R that have seen many hours of use. I don't know if they're still useable). Total shipping wt: 100#

I've tried to accurately and truthfully represent the condition of the aforementioned teeth and pockets. Some of the new teeth and pockets have a bit of rust on them from storage. Some of the used teeth and pockets have a bit of dirt still on them. I did my best to clean them up for shipping without spending an excessive amount of time on it.

A few folks have emailed me and asked me to put a price on these items. Quite frankly, I don't really know what to ask. I do know that there's over $300 in new or barely used parts alone and, as a package, all of these parts would cost over $1200 new. So, if you're interested, email me and let me know what they're worth to you. I'll check my email throughout the week and sell the goods to the highest offer. I will consider separate offers on packages 1, 2 and 3 but would like to sell everything to one buyer.

Buyer pays all shipping costs.

If you email me with an offer for the teeth and pockets and don't get a response from me within 24 hours, give me a call at 605-228-9350. My email spam and virus filter may have blocked your email...

Also, I checked with ups on shipping 180# worth of pockets and teeth - will cost around $140 to ship to the east coast area. Final cost will depend on number and size of packages and final destination. USPS or Fed Ex may be cheaper but I haven't checked with them yet...

Back