Anyone using or used the BIG BUCK BLOCKS?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Customcuts

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
The ones that can be installed and removed from ground... I'm about to be getting one this week and ill post a video of installation and the removal of it from ground. Any comments or feedback is greatly appreciated.

Get some larger (3mm) throw line for the installation of these. I have always used 1.75mm zing-it for everything but with the large buck blocks, it gets lodged between the rollers and their mounting frame (or block) on occasion when flipping it over a limb. Bought the 3mm stuff just for this. Other than that, the protective chaff sleeve will bunch up and not easily slide over the limb and into place sometimes, but it can be lock stitched in place on the red end to prevent this. For installation and removal, look at it just as you were installing a friction saver. I thread the throw line (outside to inside) through the black block, attach my bag, shoot over limb, remove bag, thread (inside to outside) through the red block, attach black ball and throw bag. Then haul up, flip and lower bag.

Was going to buy a set of Rigging Buck Blocks for the benifit of remote installation. Came across topic of X Rigging Rings and watched a fourteen minute YouTube video by the developer (Google search yeilds that and other info.). With the three ring X Rigging Sling I have remote instalation, light weight, and economy. If I want to rig heavy and do remote istallation I can use an arb block mated with a single X Rigging Ring Sling. I think they are worth looking at.

x rigging rings

Was going to buy a set of Rigging Buck Blocks for the benifit of remote installation. Came across topic of X Rigging Rings and watched a fourteen minute YouTube video by the developer (Google search yeilds that and other info.). With the three ring X Rigging Sling I have remote instalation, light weight, and economy. If I want to rig heavy and do remote istallation I can use an arb block mated with a single X Rigging Ring Sling. I think they are worth looking at.

Yes, I'm getting a few x ring slings soon. I've been reading all about them and a friend of mine in Georgia has been using them paired with my Bull Rigger Bollard and they are awesome ...[video=youtube;7Us7xXj2XuQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Us7xXj2XuQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]

Great video showcasing X Rigging Rings and your Bollard. I don’t work with weights as heavy or radical catches like in this vid or David’s of the XRR. But personally I think if XRR can handle these loads safely, how many years can it be before most rigging bags/boxes you look in have handfuls of XRR’s and most of the arborest blocks sit home most of the time? Light, quick, easier to keep in good shape, less banging on your body when moving, etc., etc..

Back