Anyone want a good helper? Want to learn...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BGE541

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
First off, I hope this is in the correct place. I know that this section is for logging and forestry so that's why its going here. The long and the short of this post is... I want to learn. Not about saws, firewood or cookie cutting but about logging. I would like to offer my time if some wants a hand felling, bucking, limbing, don't care if its in the field or on a landing. Have saws suitable (if I am incorrect please let me know) and would like to get out their again and run em hard. I grew up in Oregon cutting Oaks and DFs for family and friends, I am NOT an expert but I am safe and able to learn (head not THAT far up ass). I see some of you are in WA, I am in Western Washington, Silverdale area and would like to be a helpful/learning pair of hands if need be.

I work crazy schedules but hey you are getting FULL days of work, so I bet we can make something work. If interested in good help, please let me know and thank you for the opportunity.

BGE

My first suggestion would be to check C's list for logging companies hiring, search for yarder, skidder, timber. Logging brings up a bunch of data entry yuckyness... There are not many that are hiring but those that are, are...

Second is to look into the tree service side of things, them dudes are super busy around here, and its only getting better, its not full on logging by any means but it is tree falling and rigging experience, plus lots of saw time.

Otherwise... I'm a one man show, can't afford to pay anyone, and can't afford the insurance or L+I if I did hire someone.

Best of luck to ya, and don't expect much unless you can go full time or be available at the drop of a hat, guys that don't know much about logging start at the bottom, and the bottom is rough, with a long road to hoe out of it.

Another suggestion and I don't know much about it is to look into the wild land fire fighting stuff, mostly a boat load of hard work but its in the woods and there is some saw time, if you qualify...

Thank you for the reply. I will look into that and keep looking around. I am not looking to be paid as I feel that doing things I enjoy is not work and cutting wood is a past time of mine. I will have to look into the wild land firefighting as well, that seems like a good approach. Thank you again for your answers and time.

Back