anyone worked for Davey tree care canada ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah, i see. That's rather... underhanded.:taped:

Thanks for clearing that up-had no idea it was like that.

Underhanded..............depends who you talk to. I know I liked it because we had TONS of work and HIGH wage rates! I can see how other might find it unfair, especially the bit about the collective bargaining agrement.

Looking for Guy's In Vancouver, B.C.

Hey phil g

Burley Boys Tree Service is hiring. We're based in North and West Vancouver, B.C. Canada. If you get a chance please take a look at our web site at www.burleyboys.com We've got a good compensation package and a good safety record. You can contact us via e-mail [email protected] or
fax a resume a resume to 604-904-6784 or via phone at 604-926-8733 Office hours are Monday to Friday from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm.

Hey phil g

Burley Boys Tree Service is hiring. We're based in North and West Vancouver, B.C. Canada. If you get a chance please take a look at our web site at www.burleyboys.com We've got a good compensation package and a good safety record. You can contact us via e-mail [email protected] or
fax a resume a resume to 604-904-6784 or via phone at 604-926-8733 Office hours are Monday to Friday from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm.

If I was out west and looking for work, I'd be interested. Looks like a great company, I was looking at your site. Nice crane as well!

If you come out west give us a shout. We do alot of the "Big Trees"

Well my wife has family out there close to where you are, when I am in the area I'll let you know. Great pictures on your site by the way. We don't have any big whoppers here in Ontario like you fellas have in BC, well what we consider big is probably like a christmas tree to you! ;)

Last edited:
Drop by next time you're in town and we'll show you our operation. Been in the industry long?

About 12 years now, run a small tree service, employ 2 part time employees. I work a regular job 4 days on 4 off, lots of time off and holidays which enables me to usually do a couple of jobs a week, have built up a good client base and equipement, have been climbing for about 2 years, worked for the Ministry of Natural Resources for 6 years when I was going to high school/college, got my saw/tree fellling training through that, learning as much as I can, and now even more since I've found this site in the last month, great bunch of people here with lots of experience. Hope to get a lot more from this site as well:greenchainsaw:

It's a good site. I've found some interesting reading on here. So you've been at it for a while now. Are you considering relocating to the west coast?

Asplundh up here has all white guys for the most part. And Davey runs a mixed bag. Are they undocumented? I ma unsure. I can tell you this for certain though. Mckeetree has a 1000000% better chance of seeing Crim-aliens than us as he is in the great state of Texas, AKA little; Mexico, guatemala, el salvador, nicaragua, panama, etc etc etc. So his staement is probably true.

As for Asplundh having Residential crews.........not in this country.

Man you got that right. I wish you could be here for a couple days and just witness these goings on. All Asplundh uses here are fake papers mexicans and central americans. During the time they are clearing lines they are constantly trying to get in the owners yard and do a side job for mucho cheap. Of course they do this on Aspludh time with Asplundh equipment.

During the time they are clearing lines they are constantly trying to get in the owners yard and do a side job for mucho cheap. Of course they do this on Aspludh time with Asplundh equipment.

Thats the same everywhere with these guys. I hate it, bunch of hacks with no business ruining a good residential tree. They forget why they prune the way they do...........it for the powerlines not the health of the tree!

Job offers in North and West Vancouver, B.C. Canada

Come join us! Burley Boys Tree Service is accepting applications. Anyone interested? We are based in North and West Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.. This is a good oppurtunity for those wanting to travel and work or for those looking for a career in this industry. We offer a compensation package of $18.00 to $25.00 per hour depending on abilities, medical, dental, life insurance and on going education. If interested please contact the office at 604-926-8733 or by e-mail to [email protected] Hope to hear from you.

Davey in Colorado

I worked for davey for about a year. I had a terrible time getting necessary equipment, was promised a raise and I didn't receive it for about six months and had to always raise hell to get unsafe conditions repaired such as bare tires on a bucket truck. I'm a pretty laid back guy but I got to the end of my rope really fast working for them on the residential side. I think it depends on which office you work for though.

I'm not naming names, but I have a very dear friend that literally made them millions, and they responded by treating him like crap. Not Canada, U.S.

We now have positions open at $17.00 per hour to start as well as the $18.00 to $25.00 range depending on experience. We're in North and West Vancouver B.C. Canada. Interested? Contact us 604-926-8733 or [email protected] We're a good bunch with a good safety record.

I would seriously look at what they have to offer, find out if they are union and how much O.T. they get in area. My personal opinion I would try to get in with Nelson or Asplundh in michigan they have a large portion of the edison work in Michigan. Also I might add that Asplundh is international and has line crews and if you get the opportunity try to go line side. But that is just my opinion; by the way rumor has it that asplundh is gonna get the edison contract for line clearance this year, but that is just a rumor.

Last edited:
Phill's question

Hey Phill g yeah I've worked for Davey's utility division out of Edmonton Alberta CAN since 1993 and recived my UTW ticket in 1995. The Davey is pretty good comp to work for but with labour shortages we've had to rush some guys through the course and in my opinion we've got a lot of fat to trim. All this has left some of our management a little jaded. Hell it's left me a little jaded. But if your honest and work hard they're pretty good. Training is pretty much left to your foreman out in the field. There is a 2 week course in Olds ag college they send you to after you prove your gonna hang around. Don't blame them they pay the course, motel, 3 squares, and your wages for 8 hours. Anyways Phill hope that answers your questions.

Davey, worked for em for a bit late 06 to early 07 to keep my LCTT cert current.....not a bad company the estimator/bidder is terrible & there was some legal issues with one gentleman regarding "direct Bargaining" which ended up him being fired....however Davey was in the wrong & owed him Back wages, unemployment & settled with him because they didnt want to hire him back!

Davey had to goto Canada cause their contract retention is terrible, midlevel Mgt is terrible also!! Davey needs a house cleaning & needs to put people in positions with practical exp. not book exp.!! when they bid a contract their bidder only rides/looks at 20% of the circuit........imagine the ROW`s that burn them from not looking!!!

I never had a problem with Davey, however alot on this thread is true about them!!

LXT..............

Aspludh

Asplundh has res crews in Maine.. I saw one this weekend...it said "residential tree service" right on the boom. ALso had a log truck on site...maybe its just a borrowed truck but I def saw res tree service, and I am pretty sure its parked in Lucas trimmed powerline area, because I saw them up the road about 5 miles with a bunch of buckets parked.
On another note,
I had a friend who worked for Davey in BC, and made tons of money doing side jobs on company time. He said the branch he was at was awesoime good pricing etc. He also worked for them in Alberta and said the pay was ####, and the guys were ####. So i guess it depends on the branch.

Latest posts

Back